2»

Replies

• Divagettinfitin2011
    Options
    Bump
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I choose low carb & primal - clean non processed food. It works for me!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    bump
  • casccw
    casccw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yes I've been doing carb nite solution for 2 weeks. Used it in my last figure comp prep. Excellent. Carbs under 30gram ultra low carb. good fats macros are 60% fat 35% protein 5% carb which i try to keep as fibre. my weekly progress at 'cas's contest prep 4 OCR ' Check it out on Facebook
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I managed to loose weight I did the atkins diet, it worked really well for me teamed with exercise! I started on monday on a low carb diet - i'm eating a lot of salad and meat but very low amounts of carbs, is any one else doing this? i've put in my meals as iv'e eatn them and i'm way over on protein and sometimes on fat ..... yet i feel a lot slimmer than i did this day last week... anyone else doing it like me?

Meat and salad is not a balanced diet that is restrictive, are you eating dairy or a substitute, oily fish and seafood, loads of nuts and seeds for the minerals and fibre? Carb rich foods should never be eliminated without the associated nutrients being replaced with other food groups.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and lower carb diets are the only way I lose weight. I lost 50lbs 2 years ago doing very low carb. unfortunately I didn't stick to it & gained it all back so I'm here starting over. I have my nutrition goals set to carbs- 30% , fat- 30% & protien 40%. I restarted a week ago & have lost 4 lbs. I have close to 80 to lose so I have a long way to go.
  • wdelpilar
    wdelpilar Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How's it going for you or how did it go? I just started mine a few weeks ago (entering Week 3) and saw an initial loss but have been holding steady ... still tweaking the fat intake but not sure why I quickly stalled. Though I stalled at a lower BF than I was before. I'm at 16.9 percent and wanting to get down to 12 percent.
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've been low carbing (Atkins) for the last year and have had great success. I keep my calories around 1200 and don't necessarily worry about fat. My diet consists of whole fresh foods and very little processed foods. I don't eat Atkins bars or shakes or anything like that. I prefer eating real food.