30 Day Shred???

Options
So I have ordered the JM 30 day Shred DVD since no store within 20 miles of where I live had any in stock. I am wondering though. for those who have done this program, is it one of those things where in order to actually see results you need to do the video, eat EXACTLY whats on her meal plan, and do 60 mins on the treadmill, 45 mins of weight lifting, etc....(a little exaggeration I know but there are a lot of programs out there that say just use our video and Oh yeah do a bunch of these other things too). I was planning on doing the video and just using this website to track and make sure I'm eating right. Thoughts?? Thanks!!

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    No it's definitely not like that :) I'm sure you would see even more results that way, but I'm halfway through the shred and am already seeing amazing results, and I've just been using MFP to track my calories as always. I've also hardly been doing any other exercise other than the shred - a couple days a week I'll do like 30 minutes of extra cardio but that's all. And I haven't even done it every single day... I started the shred 20 days ago, but I'm only on day 15. I've basically listened to my body and on days when I didn't feel up to it, I just didn't do it, and the results are still there!
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I totally agree - I'm only on day 3 and I've already noticed an improvemnt (day 1 I thought I'd die, today I'm not close to death at all :smile: ).
  • missyont
    Options
    Eat sensibly ( MFP can help you track calories ) and do the video and you will see results.

I have completed 3 weeks and I am still on Level 2.

My results are 124 to 121 lbs
    -2 inches waist
    .25 hips
    .25 thigh

no chest change.
    Good luck! It's sooo hard but your body really adjusts and thats the most amazing part...dying on day 1 then doing it 2 weeks later and not being sore at all!
  • ashlyrose14
    ashlyrose14 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! That's what I was hoping for. I figure, I made myself this eat the way I did and ended up the way I did with ease, The hard work that I need to put in is worth it to get healthy again!! Thank you!!
  • gemmaldavies
    Options
    does anyone know hom many cals u wud burn approximate doing the 20 mins? :ohwell:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    does anyone know hom many cals u wud burn approximate doing the 20 mins? :ohwell:

We log it as circuit training here on MFP. How many calories you burn will depend on your weight and such.

You will also burn more calories as you move up through the levels... in the group I'm in, what we are doing is logging it as 20 mins for level one, then a little more for level two - 22 or 23 minutes - and when we get to level three we'll probably log it as even more time. Seems to be pretty accurate this way.
  • crochelle17
    crochelle17 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

if you enter it on here as circuit training i think it says about 326 or somehwere around there.. however when i wear my monitor its anywhere from 206-220, but i do lunges low impact and girly push ups :)