Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need Motivation

When I started my diet January of 2011 I was 5'3" tall and weighed about 197 lbs. Today I am 168 lbs. Here recently I have been losing my motivation. The weight is not coming off as quickly and I gained 12 lbs. of it back over the Holidays. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or tips on how they stay on track and motivated? Thanks Everyone!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Don't make excuses. Log on everyday and always think before you reach. Welcome and good luck. :drinker:
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Today i s brand new day... start over and go for it! Track everything . Find a friend to do it with! Tell them about MFP and do it together! Have fun! Add me as a friend if you want . You get alot of support here.:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Forget about the holidays, just start again. Logging is a great tool.Adding friends does help alot, you are not alone in this. This is not a diet but a different way of looking at food. Everything in moderation. I look forward to logging on and find it a challenge to find ways to meet my goals. Don't be afraid to ask people to be a friend . It really helps to have support. Read the posts in the community, that also can be a big help. And get determined to make this happen for yourself. You CAN do this.
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Im in a slump too :( my motivation over the past year has had highs and lows. I think I got cocky after I reached my last goal and kinda started slacking. now its even harder to get my rear in gear. blah!
    One thing that works for me (and is a bit controversial) is negative reinforcement. I cut out pics of myself at my heaviest and put them on my treadmill, fridge door, food cupboards, etc. Sound crazy, but when faced with them, its real hard to push the STOP button on the treadmill early, or reach for a zinger. If you work better with positive reinforcement, hang some pics from a fitness magazine. Also pick a date you would like to meet a mini goal and draw up a countdown calendar. Make sure to reward yourself for successes along the way, as long as you dont reward yourself with food.
  • KCox8604
    KCox8604 Posts: 41 Member
    That's pretty much what I did. I made it to the 150's which was my first goal. Then just stopped everything. But I must say that I did great 2day! Burned 200 cals on the treadmill and stayed at my 1200 calorie goal!