My first NSV

Options
mommymeg2
mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
Yesterday morning I was getting dressed for my youngest son's birthday party and my husband came in and mentioned that he could tell I'd lost a little weight. I was thrilled but coming from my husband I just figured he HAS to say that because he knows I've lost a few pounds. I went ahead and went to the church to finish setting up for the party and when friends started arriving at least 5 people made a comment about either how my belly looked smaller or my face looked thinner. I can't help but be thrilled because honestly I don't notice a thing when I look in the mirror. Those compliments were exactly what I needed though. I still splurged a little (had two parties yesterday) but it kept me on track and I woke up to another great loss! =)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Congrats!:drinker:
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Yey for you!!!
  • K8ty_7
    K8ty_7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thats fantastic, keep it up :)
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yay! Winning!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Congrats!. It's tough to see day to day changes in yourself because of how often you look in the mirror.

Progression pictures are always recommended just for this reason. You can actually look back and see the changes.

The folks you don't see daily are always a great indicator however, as you have seen.

Keep at it!
  • Kelly50054
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!! It only keeps getting better!! It's an amazing journey!!
  • mindy2185
    Options
    Wooohooo keep it up!
  • dbratton87
    dbratton87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yay :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!