A diet where you eat 1 food at a time...?

Options
I remember about a year ago a co-worker was reading some diet book...I canNOT remember what it was called. But basically you only eat 1 food at a time (for example, you might eat a tomato, 1-2 hours later eat a piece of cheese, etc.). It seemed so weird. I'm not really interested in trying it, but I remember she said she'd lost a lot of weight (at the time she had just started working with us, she was very fit) and was always full of energy. Does anyone know what this was?

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    . Does anyone know what this was?

The Idiot Diet™.

Joking aside, seems like just another trick to reduce calories. Perhaps you and I could come up with the one bite diet, where you can eat anything, but you only get 1 food item each meal for 3 meals. Oh, and you only can have one bite.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in any crazy diets. Healthy eating and portion control will help you forever. :drinker:
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    . Does anyone know what this was?

The Idiot Diet™.

Joking aside, seems like just another trick to reduce calories. Perhaps you and I could come up with the one bite diet, where you can eat anything, but you only get 1 food item each meal for 3 meals. Oh, and you only can have one bite.

I seriously just LOL'd at that!
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in any crazy diets. Healthy eating and portion control with help you forever. :drinker:

Oh I totally agree. I was just curious what it was, because she was the only person I heard about it from, and it sounded so bizarre. Who eats an entire tomato for a mini-meal? o.o
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    . Who eats an entire tomato for a mini-meal? o.o

The diet was named after its' followers.
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That sounds terrible.