I have a question : )

Options
kellch
kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
Ok.....my brain is not working today. :embarassed: I woke up late and grabbed some spaghetti with whole grain (omega 3 added) angel hair pasta. I'm trying to log my meals and uhhhhhhhhhh....it says 2oz is a serving. I didn't scale it and I don't have a scale here :grumble: How much is 2 oz. of pasta? What does it look like? And I'm guessing it's 2oz of uncooked pasta that the box is referring to as a serving so ummmmm how much is that for cooked pasta? :smokin:

I haven't ate pasta for soooooo long but thought I would try this whole grain stuff and now I don't even know how much to eat. :embarassed:

So confused :laugh: :embarassed: I need my coffee today :drinker: :smokin:

Replies

• kellch
    Options
    Ok.....my brain is not working today. :embarassed: I woke up late and grabbed some spaghetti with whole grain (omega 3 added) angel hair pasta. I'm trying to log my meals and uhhhhhhhhhh....it says 2oz is a serving. I didn't scale it and I don't have a scale here :grumble: How much is 2 oz. of pasta? What does it look like? And I'm guessing it's 2oz of uncooked pasta that the box is referring to as a serving so ummmmm how much is that for cooked pasta? :smokin:

I haven't ate pasta for soooooo long but thought I would try this whole grain stuff and now I don't even know how much to eat. :embarassed:

So confused :laugh: :embarassed: I need my coffee today :drinker: :smokin:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

2 oz of dry = 1 cup cooked.

Hope that helps!! :wink:
  • kellch
    Options
    Yes it does :flowerforyou:

I'm too lazy to research it today :embarassed: :bigsmile:

I figured one of you would know :smooched:

Miss you guys...hopefully things will calm down here at work in the next week or two. Once I get this darn acct up and running :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    1. Please have that cup of coffee
    2. Tami is correct. Once cooked it is 1 cup.

Have a good day our beatiful bride to be!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • kellch
    Options
    Yeah ummmmm those calories look better than the way I was doing it :embarassed:

I was thinking I'd have one cup of noodles and I knew there were 8oz. in a cup....Soooo ummm I put in 8oz. of noodles and it was like 800 calories :noway: :laugh:

Thanks guys...:flowerforyou:

I have my coffee now :smokin:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Back in June I had pasta in the 1st week-where I ate, wrote down, but didnt log anything. Just ate normal so I could see my reality.

Well I ate 1/2 box of penne pasta. 8 oz dry!!! I had my entire days calories in one sitting! (of course that didnt include the 2 meatballs and 1 Italian sausage too!)

My, how things have changed!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Pasta calories go SO fast!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

I would eat a big plate of pasta on my workout days!! :wink:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    yeh tam, i try to stick to pasta on work out days too. I love my sketties!! The tomato sauce is really good for you and now of course I use very low fat meat and egg whites and if in the mood for italian sausage I get turkey (thanks for the tip!)

but i still have to weigh my pasta or I will end up eating like fred flintstone!
  • kellch
    Options

Tell me about it...I love pasta :love:

Why you think I stayed away from it for so long? :embarassed:

I used to get a big plate and basically fill the plate where very little of the plate was showing and put a whole bunch of sauce on it....and eat most of it (what I didn't eat I would give to the dog) :embarassed:

But I can't eat like I used to....Thank GOD!!! :drinker: :laugh:

I get full so quick. My fiance always says "but, you barely even ate anything":happy:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    yeh tam, i try to stick to pasta on work out days too. I love my sketties!! The tomato sauce is really good for you and now of course I use very low fat meat and egg whites and if in the mood for italian sausage I get turkey (thanks for the tip!)

but i still have to weigh my pasta or I will end up eating like fred flintstone!
    I know! There is something about it!! I just want to keep eating it! :blushing: :laugh:
  • kellch
    Options
    Back in June I had pasta in the 1st week-where I ate, wrote down, but didnt log anything. Just ate normal so I could see my reality.

Well I ate 1/2 box of penne pasta. 8 oz dry!!! I had my entire days calories in one sitting! (of course that didnt include the 2 meatballs and 1 Italian sausage too!)

My, how things have changed!

I feel ya there :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I used to get a big plate and basically fill the plate where very little of the plate was showing and put a whole bunch of sauce on it....and eat most of it (what I didn't eat I would give to the dog) :embarassed:

I get full so quick. My fiance always says "but, you barely even ate anything":happy:

Me too. We stopped going out to eat, so no real leftovers for him anymore. He gives me the :grumble: when I measure his pasta. I give him 2 servings and feel this is plenty....for some reason he THINKS he is an adult and should be able to make his own decision...what can i say:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok Tami, you are making me want to do the rude rub your tummy thing!!

It is so cute!!!:love:
  • kellch
    Options

Me too. We stopped going out to eat, so no real leftovers for him anymore. He gives me the :grumble: when I measure his pasta. I give him 2 servings and feel this is plenty....for some reason he THINKS he is an adult and should be able to make his own decision...what can i say:laugh:

Men should not be allowed to make decisions nono.gif
  • kellch
    Options

Her belly looks much better than mine and I am not w/child embarrassed.gif

Yes Jeannie....lets rub the belly :bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options

Thanks Jeannie!!!! You guys are making me feel better!

I was seriously wondering if I should post it or not. Wondering if it looked OK!! :blushing:
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves pasta! That's always been my weakness! I do enjoy the new whole wheat pastas though! They're yummy and very filling in a small amount compared to white pasta!
  • TamTastic
    Options

You bring me rolls, you can rub away!! :laugh:
  • kellch
    Options

Oh yea!.....rolls....nice, warm, soft rolls :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Kelch, grab a bag of rolls, I will get the TJ Hummus........YEAH!!!:happy: