Today I stayed the same..

Yes I wanted to see a miracle when I weighed in this morning. I only found that I had stayed the same. At first I was disappointed and then I remembered that staying the same meant that I had not gained and I was still on track. So I patted myself on the back and vowed to continue on. The weekend is coming up and it would be easy to get off track so any advice would be appreciated. Have a great day everyone! Lolly

Replies

• lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Yes I wanted to see a miracle when I weighed in this morning. I only found that I had stayed the same. At first I was disappointed and then I remembered that staying the same meant that I had not gained and I was still on track. So I patted myself on the back and vowed to continue on. The weekend is coming up and it would be easy to get off track so any advice would be appreciated. Have a great day everyone! Lolly
  • Don't worry, it will come off. I've been in the same place...stayed the same for a few days and then suddenly three pounds come off right away. I can't explain it but that's my experience. Drink lots of cold water and think about how great you're going to look this summer in your new bathing suit.
  • Here is a simple solution. DON'T GET OFF TRACK THIS WEEKEND!!! When you wake up on Saturday morning the first thing you're going to tell yourself is to stay on track, workout and stay under your calorie goal. Have what you may crave but only eat it in moderation. If you feel eating what you crave may set you back.....THEN DON'T EAT IT!!!!! You set a goal for yourself....it's up to you to reach that goal. All I can do is be brutally honest with you and hopefully make you understand the weekends are no different than weekdays. If you eat small 5 to 6 times a day on Sat and Sun you'll be just fine.

I'd love to eat a whole pizza this weekend but I won't. I could eat only 1 slice to satisfy my craving......but who am I kidding. 1 Slice? But I could have 2 or 3 chicken breast and feel full vs. having the jones for grease.
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Heck I gained 4 pounds in my sleep, sure hope my scale is busted. Weighed in las night, then first thing this morning and it showed 4 pound gain, I didn't even dream about food...honestly :sad:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    You're right.....it wasn't a gain! Just keep on doing what you're doing. The same thing happened to me and the next week, I did lose and it felt good that I hadn't given up. It'll happen for you, too. :flowerforyou:

Also, my husband and I are planning to eat this weekend, just lots of vegetables. You can do it.
  • Don't feel bad.... I started my weight loss journey on the 1st of January.... I lost 4.5 pounds in a week and a half... and haven't lost any more since, but haven't gained either.... I've been eating 1200 calories a day and exercising as well. I keep on sticking with it because I know eventually more will come off, we just have to be patient!
  • RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    Same thing is happening to me. First time I stayed the same for 4 days. Thanks for writing as it helped me hear from all of you.
  • lorelai63
    Ooooooooooo bathing suit? Now that would scare more than even me. I am going to hold off on that! Thanks for the encouragement. Lolly
  • lorelai63
    Thats funny Bob! Hang in there.
  • lorelai63
    Thanks Pam, good advice from good people.Thats what we all need here.
  • lorelai63
    Good job Beth, thanks for the comment! Good luck..
  • lorelai63
    I honestly need to get in shape
    Because of all that food I ate

No more fatty laden crap
    Will enter in my mouthy trap

I set a goal that's good for now
    I will meet that goal somehow

With the help of brand new friends
    Bad eating habits will soon end!

Lorelai...
  • lorelai63
    Thank you to all of you who have posted on my board. It's so encouraging to know that all of you are fighting the same battle. You know the old saying "misery loves company". Just kidding though cause loosing weight and getting healthy is not going to make me miserabe. Its going to change my life!
  • lorelai63
    Anddddddddddddddd Today I stayed the same again. I really wanted the scales to reward my hard work this morning. Well I will just have to try harder. I am staying under 1500 or so calories a day. Does that seem like too many for someone who needs to loose 50 pounds? I am exercising 20/30 minutes each day also. Help!