Hummus update

Options
TuscanySun
TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
Hey all you hummus lovers out there....I tried something and came up with a really good snack.

Take 2 mini wheat pitas (110 cal total), toast them lightly in a toaster. They puff up a little when they're done.

Spread 1 tablespoon of your fav hummus on the warm pita......holy COW is this good! (I've used roasted red pepper so far, but I'm going to the store tonite to get the dill one and maybe another flav to try too!)

For those of you who like warm and creamy as a comfort food...this is FANTASTIC!

Replies

• TuscanySun
    Options
    Hey all you hummus lovers out there....I tried something and came up with a really good snack.

Take 2 mini wheat pitas (110 cal total), toast them lightly in a toaster. They puff up a little when they're done.

Spread 1 tablespoon of your fav hummus on the warm pita......holy COW is this good! (I've used roasted red pepper so far, but I'm going to the store tonite to get the dill one and maybe another flav to try too!)

For those of you who like warm and creamy as a comfort food...this is FANTASTIC!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Yum yum!!! :love:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Ok , so I have never had Hummus?? What is it ? What else do you eat it with?
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Hummus is a Middle Eastern food made from smashed up chickpeas, usually mixed with tahini, garlic, olive oil, and other spices. Depending on flavor. Its real cheap and inexpensive. Very healthy. Easy to make as well. Great on all kinds of bread. I like to use it on my sandwiches, intead of mayo and mustard. Good on burgers too. If you've never had a flaffel, your missing out on life.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Hummus is a Middle Eastern food made from smashed up chickpeas, usually mixed with tahini, garlic, olive oil, and other spices. Depending on flavor. Its real cheap and inexpensive. Very healthy. Easy to make as well. Great on all kinds of bread. I like to use it on my sandwiches, intead of mayo and mustard. Good on burgers too. If you've never had a flaffel, your missing out on life.

Ok so now what is a flaffel???

I just started eating healthy and trying things I would have NEver ever tried before so today I am going to the store and buying some hummus.... What is the best flavor?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm falafel is good too! Though a little higher in fat and cals because it is usually fried...but also made of chickpeas....basically little chickpea meatballs! Usually put into a pita, etc. Really tasty!

I think there are recipes out there to BAKE the falafel instead of frying it which can make it healthier.
  • TuscanySun
    Options

Ok so now what is a flaffel???

I just started eating healthy and trying things I would have NEver ever tried before so today I am going to the store and buying some hummus.... What is the best flavor?

I love the garlic on sandwiches. Roasted red pepper is my fav so far. Its great as a veggie dip too.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options

Mmmmmm, I only go shopping twice a month and ran out of my hummus like the third day after I went two weeks ago (been thinking of it everyday since too :grumble: )..... I'm going tomorrow, and am loading up! I can't get enough of that stuff!!!! I'm totally picking up some pitas too, sounds soooo gooooood! I can't WAIT!!!!
  • TuscanySun
    Options

Mmmmmm, I only go shopping twice a month and ran out of my hummus like the third day after I went two weeks ago (been thinking of it everyday since too :grumble: )..... I'm going tomorrow, and am loading up! I can't get enough of that stuff!!!! I'm totally picking up some pitas too, sounds soooo gooooood! I can't WAIT!!!!

Its so good warmed on the pita like that....its like "I need to be ALONE with my hummus".....yummus!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Its so good warmed on the pita like that....its like "I need to be ALONE with my hummus".....yummus!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: