Your body's FAVORITE weight?

Options

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    My body's favorite weight is 135 lbs. and I'm 5'6". My goal is 128-130 lbs. I started at 152 lbs.

I won't do anything extreme in the next 5-6 weeks to meet my goal, but I might after that. I'm following a progressive weight lifting program right now so big calorie deficits will hinder my strength goals. When the program is done and the closer it gets to summmer, I will increase my calorie deficit and cardio workouts and lift only 2x per week.
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my body likes to be 155-156. I plateaued there the last time I tried to losse weight and I have been stuck there for two weeks now. The scale said 154.4 this morning but we'll see what it says tomorrow on my official weigh in day. I'm hoping that once I can start going to the gym regularly I can break the plateau but right now I'm studying for my licensing exam (to be an RN) so I'm doing a lot of sitting on my butt.
  • Sheila1968
    Options
    Interesting question, and one I have been thinking about a lot. I am 5'6", and was consistently 130 pounds from high school up until I got married at age 28. Then I started lifting weights and went up to 140 (but my old clothes all still fit) and stayed at 140 until I hit perimenopause early at age 39. My doctor put me on Yaz for my insane cycle, migraines, hot flashes, night sweats, etc., and within 3 months I had ballooned up to 158 pounds. Now I can only get down to 153 if I exercise like a maniac every day, which I can't always do. I eat healthy and work out, but I cannot get the scale to budge. I have been stuck at 156-158 for over 3 years now, and am soooo frustrated. People keep telling me, "You're getting older now, maybe this is just where your body wants to be," but it annoys me that my body seems to want me to have fat thighs and upper arms and a pooch even though I eat better and exercise more than almost anyone I see on a daily basis at work or home. :( Very, very discouraged at the moment.
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4.5in, i am currently 151.6....my body is happiest at 137. I've been to 127 (before I let myself go) and that was actually too small for my hips. I feel like I look my best around 135.
    In my profile pic i was 2 months pregnant and 130ish.
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and my body loves to hang out around 140 these days. A few years ago that # was 130. Since then I've had a baby and am 10 lb heavier. Sigh.
    With proper food & exercising I get down to around 127 but then it hangs out there forever and I usually give up and it goes right back up. Not this time though. Currently I'm 139 and hoping to get to 123 as my initial goal.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    130lbs.:tongue:
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my body loves 137...before kids 130 was easy and my body loved that. Preggo now...let 's hope I can reach 137 again!
  • tai_jeffries
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I have been stuck in the 170's and was even as high as 190 last year. I LOVE my body at 135 no higher than 140. I guess the answer to the topic is my body's favorite weight seems to be 170. lol We will have to continue to battle! I refuse to believe that I have to stay this high just because I've had 5 kids.
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It swings between 90 kg(198lbs) and 110kg (242.5lbs) - with a tendency to go closer to the 110kg. Been there plenty of times over the years ... weird... never had less than 163lbs, even though to cutting out food and working my bum off olaying volleyball and handball five times a week.
    If I shall ever get to 176lbs I shall be very grateful, even more grateful if I can hold it. But to be honest? I don't think I'll ever make it there
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 an my body loves 130lbs.

It has flucuated over the years from 120-140

I want to be 115 >.<
  • MOesmama
    MOesmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my body loved 150 (before children) now it seems to love 160, but I am not there yet. I would love to be at 145. I look and feel great at 145.
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My body's favourite weight is 140lbs or 10 stone. It takes EFFORT to get below. But once I'm there it takes a pregnancy to get me above it, so I suppose that's a good thing too.

MY ideal weight on the other hand is 126lbs, or 9 stone. Any thinnner and I lose my boobs.

I'm 5'4.

I'm currenty 150lbs, so I'm guessing the next 10lbs will be tough, but do-able. After that, the next stone is going to be HARD!!
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    it loves 140. i love 132-136. just need to loose 5 pounds.
  • artcaro1972
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4.5in, i am currently 151.6....my body is happiest at 137. I've been to 127 (before I let myself go) and that was actually too small for my hips. I feel like I look my best around 135.
    In my profile pic i was 2 months pregnant and 130ish.

I am similar. 5'4" and my body is happiest at 138 or so. I was at 128 years ago and looking back at photos, I look a bit too skinny for my taste. My goal is 140. I have 38 pounds to go!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I think my body liked 170 - I stayed there for 2 years until I broke my ankle... I will be happy when I get " back " to that.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I was between 110-115 for a long time not tracking or exercising etc. These days my body is happy at 131lbs. Ideally I'd like to stay between 115 And 120, at that weight my muffin top and extra face weight is gone but I still get to keep my bum and boobs so it's perfect!
  • cathynlopez
    Options
    It used to be around 145. But recently I dropped some weight (well, like a year ago), gained a little back, and now it seems that my body loves 130.
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, and my body loves 147 lbs. For the last 3 years, I gained weight during the winter and lost weight during the summer, and my annual doctor's appointment showed me I stayed at that same weight. Ever since I joined MFP at a weight of 152 I've been aiming for 130 :)
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies it appears that those ~10 extra lbs (body's favorite weight vs. your goal weight) are very difficult to come by especially after having kids. It's interesting to see how to attain or plan to get to it if you continue to push through to your goal. I hope everyone is able to get to their goal in a healthy manner and maintain. That's what I hope for as well!
  • Mcoffee96
    Mcoffee96 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and should weigh 130 (top of the range) but my body loves 155- always has since I was a teenager. If I manage to get under that, I don't stay under for very long.