Bootcamps/fatcamps

Options
Has anyone ever invested in going to one of these? I know they are quite big in the states but we in the UK are catching on to it now. There is some really reasonable ones about and I think it might be just what I need. A break from normaility, an intensive course of self discipline and hard working beyond my wildest dreams.

Or it could be the worst week of my life and a complete waste of money :/ has anyone been to one?

Replies

• rollycollysmama
    Options
    Ive never been to an overnight fat camp, but my Gym offers bootcamp, which is a nice way of saying "fat camp" Lol it really kicked my butt into gear!
  • ElliieMental
    Options
    Would you do it then if you had the money? I am looking at about £500 for a five day course but its a nice one in a hotel where you can use the pool and jacuzzi in the evenings. it would be like my holiday for the year with a special twist lol
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I attended a three-week bootcamp in southern California and I had to have knee surgery afterward. If you go, trust your own instincts about intensity of effort; they will keep pushing you beyond where you should safely go, in my opinion.
  • ElliieMental
    Options
    Sounds a bit negligent to me?? I think I would have looked into sueing them if i needed surgery because of them! Especially as you guys have to pay for your surgery over there!

They state on the website that our health and fitness is assessed and we will be pushed hard but they are trained to avoid injury.

I would be so angry if i were you. :/
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I go to a boot camp class 2 to 3 nights a week at the gym. It's great, really gets you sweating!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    my friend did one for a week, and lost loads of weight, but then put it all back on when she got back to 'real life' and work etc.
  • ElliieMental
    Options
    I guess thats a risk you take with any weight loss though isnt it.

To be honest, its more for psychological reasons to help me lose weight in the future rather than being about how much weight i lose in that week alone.