Burned Calories QUestion

Options
Do you eat all of your burned calories? I usually end up eating some of them, but will end up with around 200 extra (sometimes more and sometimes less) and then my little app tells me I'm not eating enough, but I'm full. It seem silly for me to eat more just to use up those extra calories.

Any opinions from those who know?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i know... eat them!

MFP already creates a deificit so you can eat the one you burn off working out. You need to feed the muscles, and no one likes skinny fat!
  • Wattswife
    Wattswife Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hilarious!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you could drink them!!

2012-01-09_11-44-53_213.jpg
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I know it seems counter intuitive, but in reality--it works. Period. Eat those calories! :) If it's giving you that message, then that means you are eating fewer than 1200 calories; this really isn't advisable without your doctor being involved.

With the system being set up for you to lose weight already-without exercise-those burned calories create an even bigger (unhealthy for some) deficit.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a day where I have been walking around a lot doing shopping (and have burned like 1500 calories) I usually am able to eat back all of my exercise calories.
  • blueandigo
    Options
    I usually only eat half of them back, but I try my best to do so :(
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Yep. I eat them. I plateaued for 2 months once I got halfway to my goal when I first joined MFP ... I ended up realizing I wasn't eating my exercise calories and was overestimating my calorie burn and underestimating my calorie intake. I started measuring and weighing my food, I got a hrm for better burn calculation, increased my calorie base, AND started eating my exercise calories - along with harder work outs. Since then I've only been able to lose if I eat my exercise calories and eat a base of about 1400.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I eat mine back in Pizza!
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    you could drink them!!

2012-01-09_11-44-53_213.jpg

Every time I make my most workout smoothie and find myself pouring it into 2 glasses, I think of this picture and giggle.