Weights? To tone

Options
I am pretty strong and I don't really want to build my muscles any more. But I am still trying to lose a lot of weight but in the mean time when I have lost several inches in some spots and not in others I would like to work on the spots that I have lost inches on to tone them so I don't end up with the flab left over. What I would like to know how much of a hand weight should I use to tone my body and not strengthen. I just don't want to be to muscular when all the fat is gone.

Replies

• nancyl3
    nancyl3 Posts: 36
    Options
    I am pretty strong and I don't really want to build my muscles any more. But I am still trying to lose a lot of weight but in the mean time when I have lost several inches in some spots and not in others I would like to work on the spots that I have lost inches on to tone them so I don't end up with the flab left over. What I would like to know how much of a hand weight should I use to tone my body and not strengthen. I just don't want to be to muscular when all the fat is gone.
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Low weight, high reps. I start with 5 lbs, if I can do a few reps and not feel anything, I keep moving up 5 lbs or so until I feel my muscles start to work. Make sure you pick a weight you can do several sets with! Depending on the type of lift, 15 lbs has been a good weight for me. Good luck! :happy: