Progress So Far (PICs)

Options
brandiuntz
brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
I've been actively losing weight for almost 3 years. Joined MFP almost a year ago to help. I've learned a lot and met some amazing people here. For 2012, I'm focused on fitness improvement, not the scale. I'm 10-15 pounds from goal weight. My final weight will depend on what percentage of bodyfat I get to this year.

To keep myself motivated, I'm posting pics of my progress so far. I'm a believer in "slow and steady wins the race"!

Sept. 2008. I'm not sure what I weighed at my heaviest. I know it was between 215-220lbs. For reference, I'm 5'8", medium build.

Sept2008crop.jpg

March 2009. Had started to lose some weight. 10-15 pounds at this point.

BranMarch2009.jpg

Got serious late 2009-2010. By March 2011, was down to 173lbs. Ran in a Warrior Dash.

BranMarch2011.jpg

May 2011. About 170lbs. Playing sports on the weekends (flag football and softball) feels SO much better now.

SoftballMay2011.jpg

November 2011. 166lbs. I've played flag football for 16 years and this season was my best by far.

BranNov2011.jpg

Journey so far:

WeightLossProgress450.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Replies

• krisbychiken
    krisbychiken Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great job! I started at the same weight, and 160lbs would make me soo happy! You look amazing, keep it up!
  • Stinkybug
    Stinkybug Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look great and much healthier.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You're doing great =)
  • mwood777
    mwood777 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration. I look forward to the day when I will say..."I am about 10-15lbs away from my goal wait"...watch out y'all!
  • jnicholson1
    Options
    Good for you. Keep it up.
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you posted pics of your journey as I am starting from where you started, 218lbs, and my goal is 160lbs. I would love to lose more, but will reassign a goal as I get close. I am so proud of your dedication to a healthier you!!
  • judejacklucy
    Options
    Great job! Very inspiring!
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You look great! I love that you still play sports!
  • mizzsami
    mizzsami Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :smile: You look awesome. Your story was very encouraging to continue on with my goal. Keep it up.
  • beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I love it! BRAVO!
  • kendraleighl
    kendraleighl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome job :)
  • Noki1024
    Noki1024 Posts: 302
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great and look amazing! WTG!!!
  • Marylovell
    Marylovell Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing these. You are an inspiration for sure!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!