you know what gets me.....

Options
That I see others who weigh more than me on here yet wear a smaller size in pant. You can easily see their stomach shrinking in their pics (which I am very happy for them) but mine has not changed AT ALL. I am 5'3" and weigh 230 lbs and wear a size 22-24 pant. I see other girls who are about my height and weigh 30-50 lbs more than me and are in size 16! Great for them. Why not me....

I literally look like a hobbit in my pants (any and all of them) because they are huge on my butt and legs, but they fit around my stomach. from behind I look almost skinny. Grrrr And yes I know I cant spot reduce, and I know that we lose it in the opposite order we gained it. Still sucks.

Ok rant done.

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    That I see others who weigh more than me on here yet wear a smaller size in pant. You can easily see their stomach shrinking in their pics (which I am very happy for them) but mine has not changed AT ALL. I am 5'3" and weigh 230 lbs and wear a size 22-24 pant. I see other girls who are about my height and weigh 30-50 lbs more than me and are in size 16! Great for them. Why not me....

I literally look like a hobbit in my pants (any and all of them) because they are huge on my butt and legs, but they fit around my stomach. from behind I look almost skinny. Grrrr And yes I know I cant spot reduce, and I know that we lose it in the opposite order we gained it. Still sucks.

Ok rant done.

Are you working on toning your stomach? I was a size 14 at 174lbs. I did exercises that toned, and I was down a size by the time I reached 168lbs.

Now, I'm 160lbs. I'm doing different exercises so I'm not as toned around the stomach. I'm back to a size 14.
  • karagav
    karagav Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    that must be frustrating!! it's so interesting to see how different people's bodies are....we are truly all so unique, especially when it comes to our shape and how we lose weight. a lot of my friends are around the same weight as me, and their pant sizes are 4 and 6, but i'm at 12. it's just how the cookie crumbles :)
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm in a size 16-18 at about 10 pounds lighter then you & 2 inches shorter. But I do abs and planks daily.. Have you tried it?
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    hmmmm maybe i should do more abs....i find it difficult because my stomach is big it feels like suffocates me when i lie flat on the ground (boobs dont help either lol) periodically i do a standing ab crunch routine but i dont feel the 'burn' from it so it seems like its not working. maybe i should just buck up and do floor ones....
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Try balance ball exercises?