Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

MFP Runner's Club - 3/20

Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Morning!

Got 4 miles in this morning! :drinker: Will be skiing for the next 5 days so won't get any runs in until next weekend. :embarassed: :embarassed:

Happy 1st day of Spring!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Morning!

Got 4 miles in this morning! :drinker: Will be skiing for the next 5 days so won't get any runs in until next weekend. :embarassed: :embarassed:

• Good job you! I swam this morning because I've got a 5k race tomorrow. Have fun skiing - and definitely happy spring! Here in north Texas the weather is gorgeous :)
  • Shannon023
    Good job you! I swam this morning because I've got a 5k race tomorrow. Have fun skiing - and definitely happy spring! Here in north Texas the weather is gorgeous :)

Good luck on your 5k!!! :drinker:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    First day of helping my son train for our first family 5K. We are doing the couch to 5K program. My goal is to run with him on my off days. Today was a very easy 3K. The best part-alone time with my 13 year old. Definitely worth it.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Morning!

Enjoy - I'm so jealous - our ski hill is now closed for the spring. Hope you have great weather and Enjoy your spring skiing. One of my favorite ski trips was in March - the sun and pleasant temps make for great fun.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    2 mile swim and 4 mile run this morning.

I have a noobie runner joining me now, and he was trying so hard to keep my pace - I told him to set his own pace, but you know men, lol. :laugh:

He was dripping sweat and I was praying to god he would not have a heart attack on me! I trail run, so it is not like I can flag down a car or something. Edited to add - he did not have a heart attack, but was very tired after our run :laugh: (whew).

Anyways, plan to get in another swim tomorrow morning, and then an 8 mile run.

BTW - I e-mailed my local community college to ask about the mileage of the cross country track they have, and the cross country coach suggested I join the team training in the summer. YIKES! Wow, ok so I think I might actually do that. Am I crazy or what? :laugh:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Molly that's awesome! Wow...can't wait till I'm where you are.

Today I ran 6 miles. Since I've been out of it for a couple weeks, I should have eased my way back in - my legs are sooooooo sore now. Tomorrow, I'm gonna have to not run and give my legs a rest instead!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Today's schedule is 4 miles.
    Tomorrow's plan is 6 miles.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member

BTW - I e-mailed my local community college to ask about the mileage of the cross country track they have, and the cross country coach suggested I join the team training in the summer. YIKES! Wow, ok so I think I might actually do that. Am I crazy or what? :laugh:

That sounds like that would actually be pretty fun! Does that make me crazy, too!? :laugh:

Good job on your swim/run today!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    I don't think I'll be getting out today. My husband is going out with the boys and that cuts into my gym time. :mad: I'll probably just lift and do a workout video at home once the kiddies are in bed.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Only 2 miles today I was running late for work -
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!! I ran 7.5 miles this morning. Now I'm chillin' for the weekend!!! YAY!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    OK, it looks like my long run will be tonight! I was going to plan a rest day and run tomorrow, but my buddies are geared up for running tonight. One of my buddies is doing the full when I'm doing the half in 3 weeks, so she has 20 miles to run! I'll join her for 10 or so (maybe longer...).

It will be nice to get the long run done and sleep in a little on a Saturday!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    back finally feeling better so no run today but back in action tomorrow, plus my nike mini is lazy now and I like her when she dances more than video games!

:flowerforyou:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    I am debating whether to work out tonight and sleep in tomorrow, or go to bed and get up early and run a 10 K race
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    12 mile run DONE!!!!!!!!!! I did it!!!!! 3 weeks til the half and I feel confident and ready to go! :bigsmile:
  • Kimono
    Kimono Posts: 367
    6 mile tempo run on the treadmill.
This discussion has been closed.