Can't lose weight no matter what I do

Im done, I give up. No matter what I do, 1200 cals, 1400, 1600, 2000, anywhere in between. I up exercise to an hour+ a day, intervals, slow and steady, a mixture.... no matter what I cant lose a pound, not even half a pound.. I've been trying hard for 4 months and off and ob for a year. I don't know what to do anymore but give up.

Also tried less sodium, more natural food..

Replies

• Nsdnjbl
    Nsdnjbl Posts: 66 Member
    It will happen, just stay motivated. Hugs
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    Giving up guarantees that you will fail.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    Have you been to your doctor about this issue and/or been checked for a thyroid condition? Also, have you been taking measurements to see if your body is changing even though your weight isn't?

EDIT: Just saw that have Type 1 Diabetes from your page. Have you consulted your doctor about losing weight and what can help with that?
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Hun I private messaged you ::hugs::
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Can you stick it out six more weeks?

Make your diary public. Log everything. Maybe someone here at MFP can figure out what would help the best.

............... Have you had a physical?
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    I think you should see a doctor and tell him/her what you've said here. There could be a medical reason you're not losing.

15247291.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • I am the same I have been stuck for about 4 mts now either i go up 5lbs or go down but thats all. I do everything right exercise run and diet. I stopped for about 3 weeks and gave my body a break. I just started back up and granted during that time i gained 7lbs but so far i have already lost 4 of the 7 within 2 weeks. Sometimes your body needs a rest. :smile:
  • revren10
    revren10 Posts: 116
    don't quit let the community help you
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    I agree with the suggestion to see your doctor. Make sure that there is no medical reason why you're having trouble losing weight before you give up.
  • You should track your protein and try and consume more of it. Switch out your sugary breakfasts with something that is a good protein source. Like an egg breakfast. If you don't have time to cook breakfast, at least eat a protein bar instead of a toaster strudel. They have like no nutritional value.. just little changes like that can really help you improve your diet and lose weight easier.. also, don't drink your calories. Eat grapes instead of drinking grape juice..
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Have you been to your doctor about this issue and/or been checked for a thyroid condition? Also, have you been taking measurements to see if your body is changing even though your weight isn't?

EDIT: Just saw that have Type 1 Diabetes from your page. Have you consulted your doctor about losing weight and what can help with that?

This. Get a *good* doctor and/or dietitian who can help work with your diabetic issues. You have to be patient and find the system that works for you. Good luck, and you CAN do it!
  • Thanks everyone, my doctor knows I'm trying but I haven't been in to tell her Its been a struggle yet. And for those of you who say see a good doctor, I had diabetes since i was 6 and I'm 24, so I know what I'm doing there...but thanks for asking. My blood sugars are fairly good, but not steady as I've struggled with this even when I wasn't concerned with my weight. I'm not gonna give up, I'm just really bumming about this and needed to vent a little. Im glad to see so much support here.

Oh just so you guys know, I don't drink grape juice regularly, my blood sugar was low this morning and I needed that to raise my blood sugar quickly until I can buy some more glucose tabs.
  • 1DEH
    1DEH Posts: 23
    Please, don't give up.

Try this. You'll have to do some reading first:
    The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program, Dr Richard F. Heller and Dr. Rachael F. Heller

It CHANGED the way I look at ALL food.

I encourage you to read the whole book before you start the program.
    I'm not going to elaborate, as I don't want to sound like I'm preaching.
    Just try it.

You're probably wondering why if it's so great, I need to lose weight....

I didn't/don't always follow this plan....But when I did, I got results.
    I'll spare you the reasons I didn't stick with it...But again, when I followed it, I got results.

It's been so long, I'd forgotten about it. Your "I SURRENDER FLAG" ( almost my same exact words) reminded me of it.

Once I get to my goal weight, I'll lighten up a bit to see if I can keep the weight off, but revert back for maintenance if necessary.
    With the support of this site, this plan, and a faithful friend, I expect to start seeing results again very quickly.

Don't give up.
    Good Luck.

I didn't realize you were diabetic, might want to read the book and then consult your doc, just to be on the safe side. The book is very informative about LOTS of things.
  • Hi there. My dietetics notes on DM states the following: Carbs = 50-65% of total energy. Protein = 10-20%. Fat (mono-unsaturated fatty acids) = <30%. Obviously this is the generic diet for a typical diabetic individual, maybe it will help. Venting is always good! :)