tips to get fit and toned in less than 6 weeks?

Options

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Give INSANITY a try. I am on day 7 (Rest day since INSANITY gives 1 rest day a week) and it is AMAZING. It will push you past your limits, but it will be worth it in the long run and it will give you the results you want. Good luck.

yea i;ve seen that one too..don't know if I have that type of workout in me I have to be honest...I know that sounds weak but I just don't know if I could do that and stick to it

luls. love this!! "oh hai guys, do you have anything to help me get fit and sexy in six weeks?? but nothing too hard, ok?? kthanxbai"
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Heavy strength training is what you want.
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    You are going to look pretty much the same as you look right now in 6 weeks (which is lovely, by the way), but if you really want a significant change in your health and fitness, just start today without a requirement for a certain timeline. Get into it and LIVE it. Change will come over time. Not a specific time. Think of it as you might think of growing out your hair. It takes time, but one day, you say, "hey my hair has really gotten long".

The biggest problem with trying to achieve XYZ in ABC weeks is that you can't. This is such an overriding theme for people: Help! I need to lose 1000 lbs. by Friday! Unrealistic goals = failure, disappointment and giving up.

Commit and go.

blessings.

I find that hard to believe I wont see a difference in 6 weeks if I start lifting weights...that is quite discouraging,,i'm not looking for a miracle just to feel better
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Lift hard, lift heavy. Although I'm not sure what kind of results you realistically expect in 6 weeks....
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Ripped in 30 should tone you up pretty quickly. Search in success stories. They work. I have been doing 30 Day Shred since 1/2 and have lost about 10 inches. I'm much bigger than you so 10 inches on someone of your size would be enough to firm you up nicely.
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    Give INSANITY a try. I am on day 7 (Rest day since INSANITY gives 1 rest day a week) and it is AMAZING. It will push you past your limits, but it will be worth it in the long run and it will give you the results you want. Good luck.

yea i;ve seen that one too..don't know if I have that type of workout in me I have to be honest...I know that sounds weak but I just don't know if I could do that and stick to it

luls. love this!! "oh hai guys, do you have anything to help me get fit and sexy in six weeks?? but nothing too hard, ok?? kthanxbai"

oh that's supportive...why bother posting if you have nothing productive to say..I have a back and neck injury and that is why I said that but thanks for the negative reply...
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Ripped in 30 should tone you up pretty quickly.

I have all those...should I just alternate them? that is what i've been doing...
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Try kettlebells. But a real kettlebell workout not Jillian who uses poor form that can hurt yourself. There a couple that come to mind and can be found on Amazon. RKS Workout, but is kind of expensive, but it's 16 different workouts. Lauren Brooks has a couple geared towards beginner. You shouldn't go lighter than 15 or 18 pounds to be effective. KBs work strength and cardio. body changes are seen in about a week! It's fun and different if you haven't tried them.

Just started Kettlebells myself last week... Amazing workout and more amazing results very quickly! Lots of fun too!
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    Lift hard, lift heavy. Although I'm not sure what kind of results you realistically expect in 6 weeks....

just to be more toned is all...after two kids I'd like to feel more comfortable in my skin...I'm not expecting a miracle...but I'd like to think that in 6 weeks of 6 days a week will bring me some sort of result...i notice a change already in just short of 3 weeks...just think maybe I could do more than i'm doing...was looking for suggestions.
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    Try kettlebells. But a real kettlebell workout not Jillian who uses poor form that can hurt yourself. There a couple that come to mind and can be found on Amazon. RKS Workout, but is kind of expensive, but it's 16 different workouts. Lauren Brooks has a couple geared towards beginner. You shouldn't go lighter than 15 or 18 pounds to be effective. KBs work strength and cardio. body changes are seen in about a week! It's fun and different if you haven't tried them.

Just started Kettlebells myself last week... Amazing workout and more amazing results very quickly! Lots of fun too!

nice...do you do it with a dvd? if so which one?
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Ripped in 30 should tone you up pretty quickly.

I have all those...should I just alternate them? that is what i've been doing...

Pick your favorite and do it 30 days straight like she recommends take a rest day wen you need it but really try to do at least 10 days in a row. Pick something that will push you tough not the one that is easiest lol
  • engineman312
    Options

oh that's supportive...why bother posting if you have nothing productive to say..I have a back and neck injury and that is why I said that but thanks for the negative reply...

you're welcome!!!

i actually love giving advice to my friends on here, and they take it all in. but the thing i stress the most is that it takes time, energy, dedication, and discipline. not half assing it for 6 weeks for a vacation.

i've inspired many of my friends here to lift and run. to sign up for mud runs and triathlons. but that doesn't come easy, and they certainly take longer then six weeks to train.
  • peacelily0507
    Options

Pick your favorite and do it 30 days straight like she recommends take a rest day wen you need it but really try to do at least 10 days in a row. Pick something that will push you tough not the one that is easiest lol

yea? i hesitated to buy soo many of them off the bat..clearly 30 day shred was meant to be just that but i dunno guess I was looking to mix it up a bit, thanks for the advice :)
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options

you're welcome!!!

i actually love giving advice to my friends on here, and they take it all in. but the thing i stress the most is that it takes time, energy, dedication, and discipline. not half assing it for 6 weeks for a vacation.

i've inspired many of my friends here to lift and run. to sign up for mud runs and triathlons. but that doesn't come easy, and they certainly take longer then six weeks to train.

yep...it is a way of life
  • peacelily0507
    Options

you're welcome!!!

so then save your cocky @ssanine advice for them please...I'm not looking to half *kitten* anything...i never said that...i merely asked how I could tone up more and get more fit than I currently am...I wasn't looking to have a completely different body in just 6 weeks...I am not that naive...and I am willing to work for it or I wouldn't be on here...but unfortunately physically I am limited due to 2 car accidents I was in so that is just how it is for me not because I'm looking for a short cut,,..
  • Savora
    Savora Posts: 25
    Options
    Look into ChaLEAN Extreme, I'm in week 10 right now and holy crap, I LOVE it.
  • engineman312
    Options
    i missunderstood. sorry. good luck, and i'll see you when you come back from vacation. feel better.
  • peacelily0507
    Options

you're welcome!!!

yep...it is a way of life

I know that... i'm not looking to just work til my trip and then go back to normal...as I've posted many times and as my profile states I want to live better and be healthier and this trip was my kick in the butt to get moving with it..
  • peacelily0507
    Options
    Look into ChaLEAN Extreme, I'm in week 10 right now and holy crap, I LOVE it.

will do...,,thank you!!!!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

just to be more toned is all...after two kids I'd like to feel more comfortable in my skin...I'm not expecting a miracle...but I'd like to think that in 6 weeks of 6 days a week will bring me some sort of result...i notice a change already in just short of 3 weeks...just think maybe I could do more than i'm doing...was looking for suggestions.

Maybe if you said 3 months... that would be the minimum for some really noticeable, healthy results I think.