Did pregnancy help anyone?

Mom2SS
Mom2SS Posts: 16
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
This may sound odd, because I know that in so many cases, the pregnancy pounds are the ones that people are fighting to take off. But did it actually help anyone?

I had 2 children 17 months apart, and I went into both pregnancies overweight, but in some ways, being pregnant was a really eye opening experience for me. For the first time that I could remember, I was truly eating just to be healthy. I wasn't trying to lose weight and I wasn't letting my eating get out of control. I really learned to listen to my hunger signals and recognize them for what they were.

Now, I am trying to lose weight, but I am bringing with me the need to do it for health. And I really feel like it helped me get more in tune with my body and that is something else to carry along with me.

Can anyone else relate?

Replies

• Mom2SS
    Mom2SS Posts: 16
    This may sound odd, because I know that in so many cases, the pregnancy pounds are the ones that people are fighting to take off. But did it actually help anyone?

I had 2 children 17 months apart, and I went into both pregnancies overweight, but in some ways, being pregnant was a really eye opening experience for me. For the first time that I could remember, I was truly eating just to be healthy. I wasn't trying to lose weight and I wasn't letting my eating get out of control. I really learned to listen to my hunger signals and recognize them for what they were.

Now, I am trying to lose weight, but I am bringing with me the need to do it for health. And I really feel like it helped me get more in tune with my body and that is something else to carry along with me.

Can anyone else relate?
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I gained 30 pounds when pregnant. It only took me 2 months to lose that. (My daughter was 7 lb 3 oz of that.) I want to be 20 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. It's taken me 4 more months since then to lose about 12-13 more pounds.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I don't have kids yet but I can definitely grasp what you're saying. How can you not pay attention to food simply for it's nutritional value when you're growing a little one inside you? :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.