Finally lost 100lbs!

Options
alphega
alphega Posts: 4 Member
When I started this I made my page title "My journey to losing 100lbs" I had no idea how long it would take. It was a total of 227 days, or 7.5 months. In that time I've also managed to lose 18 inches off my waist, get all new clothes over and over as I steadily shrank out of everything I owned except shoes.

It feels weird. I've never been this "normal" looking before. It's certainly a change to be able to go out in public and not get stared at for being hugely overweight.

I am going to continue with my weight loss. I'm not sure at what point I'll stop losing and decide to maintain weight but right now I want to go even smaller.

Replies

• unmitigatedbadassery
    Options
    Sincere congratulations! I know you've worked your *kitten* off to get here! Enjoy!
  • kittyraccoon7
    kittyraccoon7 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! great job!!! :)
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I need to lose around 100lbs. Any tips?
  • lunahielo
    Options
    Congratulations!! I only joined 2 weeks ago..but would like to lose sy least 80 lbs. I have a *bad* back so can't exercise too much.(also I hate exercise)...I can walk slowly, but not very far.

I am 75 years old and have GOT to get some of this weight off...............health concerns,

Any suggestions?

Again, Congratulations to you..super job!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I only joined 2 weeks ago..but would like to lose sy least 80 lbs. I have a *bad* back so can't exercise too much.(also I hate exercise)...I can walk slowly, but not very far.

I am 75 years old and have GOT to get some of this weight off...............health concerns,

Any suggestions?

Again, Congratulations to you..super job!

Congratulations on wanting to improve your health! My best suggestion for you would be good clean eating, meaning as little to know processed foods as possible. Stick to one ingredient foods (making fruits and veggies the biggest part of your diet) unless you have sugar issues (then I'd skip the veggies). Try to eliminate flour and sugar from your diet as much as possible and eat lots of raw nuts and seeds as well. Drink almond milk with protein powder to help with protein intake in addition to gettting it from meat. Walk, walk, walk!

I have a neighbor who was overweight in his 70s and he got out and started walking and eating mainly what I listed above. He lost quite a bit of weight and has kept it off for a number years now. He's in his 80s and doing great.
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    When I started this I made my page title "My journey to losing 100lbs" I had no idea how long it would take. It was a total of 227 days, or 7.5 months. In that time I've also managed to lose 18 inches off my waist, get all new clothes over and over as I steadily shrank out of everything I owned except shoes.

It feels weird. I've never been this "normal" looking before. It's certainly a change to be able to go out in public and not get stared at for being hugely overweight.

I am going to continue with my weight loss. I'm not sure at what point I'll stop losing and decide to maintain weight but right now I want to go even smaller.

Congratulations on meeting your 100-pound goal! I'd LOVE to see some pics!
  • barbiegirluk
    barbiegirluk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, you have motivated me to loose my weight even more, thanks you!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That is truly amazing . You should be incredibly proud of yourself. :flowerforyou:

Wishing you all the best as you continue a life of healthy living and self confidence.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats! I can't wait until I can post my 100 pounds weight loss (only at 18 pounds so far). You are truly an inspiration! Feel free to add me as a friend (anyone can).
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    COngratulations sooo happy for you!!!
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You averaged 3 lbs a week. That phenomenal! I'm giving myself a full year to take off about 90. I know I'll start to feel great with even half of it gone.

Great job!!!!!
  • jasule75
    Options
    Congratulations! I understand your struggle as I have watched my husband in his quest to lose 100 lbs. The important part is to mentally accept yourself in this slimmed down look. Get a new "picture" of you. The mind is most important in maintaining the weight loss.
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It is an amazing feat to do so and continue to go further down. Willpower is amazing stuff. Happy 100!
  • icount4u
    Options
    Very impressive! Congratulations to you for a remarkable success! For those of us near the beginning of our weight loss journey, can you offer any advice?

Again, BRAVO!!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS I know exactly what you have gone through to get here i have lost 95 lbs so far so I will be joining you soon on the 100 lb weight loss
  • grag79
    grag79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow that is really fantastic.Well done to you.xgx
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • loraloha74
    Options
    WOO HOO! Awesome job! :)
  • trimNslim
    trimNslim Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What an amazing achievement!! Well done to you!
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    Oh my goodness that is so amazing! You inspire many people to meet thier goals! I have lost a good deal of weight before and found Goodwill was a good place to not only donate my clothes but to find some good deals for things to hold me over and keep me covered:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!