Anyone Else Feeling the COLD More since Losing?

Options

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I was always cold, even at my heaviest. That said, it's a little worse now. And it's definitely worse when I'm restricting calories.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Since I have started losing weight it is very difficult for me to remain warm. I love the summertime and spend quite a bit of time in the sun to "warm my bones". I'll take being cold over the pain and suffering from my weight though. :)
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm freezing all the time. I live in WI and I swear the only time I'm warm is late June to August. Rest of the time - cold!

However, as a runner, it's made a HUGE difference in the summer. Even 10lbs (and a couple BF% points) ago I would suffer during hot & humid summer runs. I've noticed the less weight and BF I have the easier it is to run in those conditions.

During the winter I'm all about layering. And thick, wool socks. And my LL Bean slippers. And more layers.
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Before losing, I could walk outside in the winter in a light coat and feel okay. After losing 60 pounds, I feel cold just about anywhere during the winter. If there is no heater, I am usually wearing a sweater or a coat.
  • tabmtbc
    Options
    Absolutely. And I was cold natured to begin with. But as one of my MFP friends said, I'd rather be skinny and cold than fat and warm. I've had to fit at least 3 cups of hot tea into my daily calorie count.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    When I was at 120, I've found that layering thin clothes were more effective than just putting on a big coat. Yes, even in a big coat I was still cold, but put on 3 thin layers underneath, I was nice & toasty. I also loved those gator necks - have one layer cotton, then the next layer with 100% polyester, if you can.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Last year belore losing I wore a vest and gloves outside. This year my coat has sleeves and I wear an extra fleece jacket under it. And scarf and never go anywhere without preheating the car. And the bed!

Between us my huband and I have lost 100 pounds. And our heat bill is up 12% since last year (usage, not cost, that keeps going up).
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Yes! And I live in Florida! I'm glad, though, as I'm at the age when I'll start getting hot flashes...may help cancel them out!
  • MollyDurham
    MollyDurham Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OMG I THOUGHT I WAS JUST CRAZY!!!! I've only lost 9 lbs so far but I can't get warm to save my LIFE!!!! Glad to know I really am just cold and not insane also!!!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold, no matter how much I weigh!!! I swear I should live in Florida instead of Pennsylvania!!!!!!:bigsmile:

Oh, man. I bet Pennsylvania is a nightmare this time of year!

ha! Try Canada! (And i am only in southern ontario. My friend lives in athabasca alberta. Use the weather network to check THOSE temperatures, you'll freak!)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    yes. My hands are always like ice and I am usually cold. I was always hot natured before. I would have to sleep in as little as possible and now lots of nights I climb into bed with sleep pants and long sleeves. Brrrr, I'm cold right now.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES I thought i was the only one. Lol
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm freezing all the time. I live in WI and I swear the only time I'm warm is late June to August. Rest of the time - cold!

However, as a runner, it's made a HUGE difference in the summer. Even 10lbs (and a couple BF% points) ago I would suffer during hot & humid summer runs. I've noticed the less weight and BF I have the easier it is to run in those conditions.

During the winter I'm all about layering. And thick, wool socks. And my LL Bean slippers. And more layers.

I'm in WI too. Its sooo cold. Lol
  • kirbykez
    kirbykez Posts: 122
    Options
    Yes and I actually like the warmer weather now instead of feeling like it's going to kill me slowly lol
  • opamike1
    Options
    Yeah! I grew up in Minnesota and don't think I owned a winter coat down south for years. Now that I"ve lost almost 100 pounds I've become one of the people I used to chuckle at that puts on a coat when the temp. drops below 70! And I live in south central Texas now. AAAHHHH!!!
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yes I definitely feel the cold more now!
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, and it's gotten ridiculous to the point my coworker does not recognize me without my coat on! It trips him out, lol. I'm ALWAYS cold, unless I'm in the desert and it's summer I swear
  • geraldm55
    geraldm55 Posts: 130
    Options
    to funny lol

I used to shave my head but grew back my hair because I was noticing the cold lol

Lets hear it for feeling cold yaaaaayyyyyyy!!!
  • nailed479
    Options
    OMG yes!!!!! I'm glad that I'm not the only one!!! And during this last summer my co worker and I were total opposite, I was always freezing and wearing jeans and shoes and still cold. She would be in a tank, capris and sandals and still hot. But I was taking care of myself and she wasn't!!!