30 Day Shredders....

Options
HotHol
HotHol Posts: 52 Member
I'm on Day 6 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred..and looking for others who are doing this and are commited in doing this ful 30 day Challenge

Replies

• esperluette
    Options
    Hey! I'm doing 30 Day Shred and currently on Day 10 and have been doing Level 2 for the last five days. I'm trying to get fit for Coachella in April and will be doing Ripped in 30 after the Shred. =) Such a good 20 min workout!
  • Cope25
    Cope25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this again yesterday. I did my first round about 5 months ago. I will be doing it every day too. Since this is my second time, I will probably do level 3 three-quarters of the time and then do level 2 every once in a while to change things up and target different areas.
    I don't quite know how to add it into the excercise calculator. I know there isn't a whole lot of calories burned and I don't plan on eating any of them back, but it feels good to log the exercise that I have earned.
  • HotHol
    Options
    I'm on level 1...didn't know what to log it at...I just been using the 27 min circuit training general....(says it burns 188 cal) but I have no idea if thats right.
  • Cope25
    Cope25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I looked up recent posts about it and a lot of people are saying they use circuit training general as well; however, when I put it in to mine for 25 minutes I got 224 calories burned. I might buy a heart rate monitor, depending on cost. It's really only out of curiosity since, as I said, I'm not planning on eating any of the calories back.
    Have you done any of her other videos? I do Banish Fat Boost Metabolism once or twice a week (or at least I did before I dedicated myself to this next 30DS round). It's such a good video and very hard/effective, but it being 45 minutes I find it a lot harder to dedicate myself to it more often.
  • HotHol
    Options
    yes...definaty loving that 30d shred is only a 27 min workout....it's soo much easier to commit to. I've added in a bit of elliptical workout as well in the last couple days. The only other dvd i've ever commited to in the past is Billy Blanks Crunch taebo work out....but that was years ago..before I had kids. It's a good work out...but is about 45 min or so long
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on day 21, day 2 of level 3.
  • alphabettie
    alphabettie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing it. Today would also be my day 6, but I've decided to take one rest day per week instead of going straight through. She said they're not meant to do 30 days straight, so... *shrug*
  • esperluette
    Options
    I'm currently on day 21, day 2 of level 3.

What results have you noticed this far into the program? I've noticed shrinkage in my tummy area, more so above the waist than below it, and a bit of trimming down on the thighs and arms but nothing dramatic. I don't have a scale or tape measure, so I'm going by how I notice my body changing, and that muscle weighs more than fat which I am trying to build to tone up. I've also had people say level 3 was easier than 2. Do you feel that way?
  • 84dex
    84dex Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm just after finishing day 10 so moving on to level 2 tomorrow. I started on the 9th, I have had to take a few break days but going to try not take anymore.
  • smileyng
    smileyng Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 2nd day. Today seemed to go by much faster than yesterday. That was encouraging, lol. My goal is to do all 30 days in 30 days.

There's a group for the 30 day shred. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1580-30-day-shred-motivation-support
  • anapurna
    anapurna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on day 3 of 2nd level and it is so much harder then level 1. But, I can say that it really works, I feel much better and I can see that my belly is getting smaller every day. I think it is really important to stick with it and do it every day, no matter how hard it is because only that way you can see the results. Good luck everyone!
  • HotHol
    Options
    Did anyone take before pics? or measurments?? I did...excited to see what results will be. I'll be taking measurements every 10 days....Currenty Day 7 Level 1 for me
  • cdawnstephens
    Options
    Im going to pick it up tonight! I would love to start!
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I looked up recent posts about it and a lot of people are saying they use circuit training general as well; however, when I put it in to mine for 25 minutes I got 224 calories burned. I might buy a heart rate monitor, depending on cost. It's really only out of curiosity since, as I said, I'm not planning on eating any of the calories back.
    Have you done any of her other videos? I do Banish Fat Boost Metabolism once or twice a week (or at least I did before I dedicated myself to this next 30DS round). It's such a good video and very hard/effective, but it being 45 minutes I find it a lot harder to dedicate myself to it more often.

It depends on how much you weigh. I weigh like 220 and when i put it in in says 288 calories.
  • Stacy121
    Stacy121 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Day 5, Level 1. Also doing the couch to 5k, week 4 day 3. I'm definitely seeing some results (inches lost) but no pounds lost yet. Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • sheilanelson
    sheilanelson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 and i am adding eliptical too. how many days a week are you doing the eliptical ?
  • daniel906
    Options
    how did you post your ticker everytime i post mine it does this

6154539.png" /></a><p style="text-align:center;width:420px;"><small>Created by MyFitnessPal - <a href="http://www.myfitnesspal.com">Free Calorie Counter</a></small></p>

what am I doing wrong?????...lol
  • Alm1055
    Alm1055 Posts: 26
    Options
    I am on day on day 5 of level 2 I take one rest day each week and also do 6 week 6 pack as well. Good luck everyone feel free to add me! :happy:
  • HotHol
    Options
    I am on day 8 and i am adding eliptical too. how many days a week are you doing the eliptical ?

That's awsome! we are exactly at the same level. I just started the eliptical 3 days ago...first day I did 10 min...then 12...Yesterday I did 22....I'm working my way up to 30 min.
  • pinkstarr
    Options
    I've just started the 30 Day Shred again and it's kicking my butt...I'm only on Level 1. I plan to keep it up for 30 days and then move on to the Insanity workout series. Feel free to add me!