"Step It Up Club"~~Get In The Game~~~Challenge 3/09-7/09

Options
:smile: Hi this is the Step It Up Club!!! Welcome. All that is required is your sneakers, a pedometer to count your daily steps and YOU!

It is recommended that to stay healthy we all walk 10,000 steps a day, which for most is the equivalent of 5 mile (depending on your stride). So that is the goal. We are going to each week add an additional 500 steps daily and by July 4th, we will be walking 5 mile or more a day. :blushing:

**some of you may already be exceeding the goal and that is great, keep going, and feel free to participate. :happy:

***track you steps daily, **log and see at the end of this journey just how many total steps and miles you have gone

**for fun as a visual motivator, get on google map and track where you would like to walk to and mark the map you print out as you move along each day. (ex. I want to walk from Ohio to North Carolina, so I will track my steps daily to reach my destination). You can make a chart and color code blocks from 1 to 10,000 til you have completed your goal...whatever motivates you, these are just tools to help you see the progress you are making on this challenge.

Weekly post here on Saturday's and I will track how many steps you complete each week. Everyone can see how everyone is doing. Remember all your steps daily count, so its on the job, at work, at play, when exercising, walking the dog, :flowerforyou: you will be amazed at how many you do each day in your daily routine and its fun.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
So come on, get in the game. (Schedule of the Challenge)
March 20 to March 28 challenge you to walk 4,000 steps daily
March 28 to April 4 challenge you to walk 4500steps daily
April 5 to April 12 challenge you to walk 5000 steps daily Yippee gang we are walking 2.5 mile a day
April 13 to April 21 challenge you to walk 5,500steps daily
April 22 to April 30 challenge you to walk 6,000steps daily
May 1 to May 8 challenge you to walk 6,500steps daily
May 9 to May 17 challenge you to walk7,000steps daily
May 18 to May 26 challenge you to walk 7,500steps daily
May 27 to June 3 challneg you to walk 8,000steps daily Yippee gang we are walking 4.0 mile per day
June 4 to June 12 challenge you to walk 8,500steps daily
June 13 to June 21 challenge you to walk 9,000steps daily
June 23 to July 1 challenge you to walk 9,500steps daily
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smile: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smile: :blushing: :blushing: :heart: :heart:

We're there, July 2 to July 10 and moving on, we are walking 10,000 steps per day and lovin Life!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:smile: :love: **note, nobody is excluded, if these goals are too high, if you can only work towards 2.5 mile per day, you are still welcome to join us. :love:

:heart: :heart: **remember before engaging in any exercise talk to your doctor and make sure it is safe for you :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:

Are you with ME? What a 4th of July Holiday we can all have, :drinker: celebration of Independence, Perserverance, Sweet Success!!!! :blushing: A healthy happy YOU:blushing:
Debbie:wink:

Replies

• happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi this is the Step It Up Club!!! Welcome. All that is required is your sneakers, a pedometer to count your daily steps and YOU!

It is recommended that to stay healthy we all walk 10,000 steps a day, which for most is the equivalent of 5 mile (depending on your stride). So that is the goal. We are going to each week add an additional 500 steps daily and by July 4th, we will be walking 5 mile or more a day. :blushing:

**some of you may already be exceeding the goal and that is great, keep going, and feel free to participate. :happy:

***track you steps daily, **log and see at the end of this journey just how many total steps and miles you have gone

**for fun as a visual motivator, get on google map and track where you would like to walk to and mark the map you print out as you move along each day. (ex. I want to walk from Ohio to North Carolina, so I will track my steps daily to reach my destination). You can make a chart and color code blocks from 1 to 10,000 til you have completed your goal...whatever motivates you, these are just tools to help you see the progress you are making on this challenge.

Weekly post here on Saturday's and I will track how many steps you complete each week. Everyone can see how everyone is doing. Remember all your steps daily count, so its on the job, at work, at play, when exercising, walking the dog, :flowerforyou: you will be amazed at how many you do each day in your daily routine and its fun.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    So come on, get in the game. (Schedule of the Challenge)
    March 20 to March 28 challenge you to walk 4,000 steps daily
    March 28 to April 4 challenge you to walk 4500steps daily
    April 5 to April 12 challenge you to walk 5000 steps daily Yippee gang we are walking 2.5 mile a day
    April 13 to April 21 challenge you to walk 5,500steps daily
    April 22 to April 30 challenge you to walk 6,000steps daily
    May 1 to May 8 challenge you to walk 6,500steps daily
    May 9 to May 17 challenge you to walk7,000steps daily
    May 18 to May 26 challenge you to walk 7,500steps daily
    May 27 to June 3 challneg you to walk 8,000steps daily Yippee gang we are walking 4.0 mile per day
    June 4 to June 12 challenge you to walk 8,500steps daily
    June 13 to June 21 challenge you to walk 9,000steps daily
    June 23 to July 1 challenge you to walk 9,500steps daily
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smile: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smile: :blushing: :blushing: :heart: :heart:

We're there, July 2 to July 10 and moving on, we are walking 10,000 steps per day and lovin Life!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:smile: :love: **note, nobody is excluded, if these goals are too high, if you can only work towards 2.5 mile per day, you are still welcome to join us. :love:

:heart: :heart: **remember before engaging in any exercise talk to your doctor and make sure it is safe for you :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:

Are you with ME? What a 4th of July Holiday we can all have, :drinker: celebration of Independence, Perserverance, Sweet Success!!!! :blushing: A healthy happy YOU:blushing:
    Debbie:wink:
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This thread is closed

To participate in the group go to: "Shape Up with the Daily Heet", located under Motivation/Support

Thank you, and have a healthy happy day:flowerforyou: