Wedding Band NSV

Options
kaetra
kaetra Posts: 442 Member
Today while grocery shopping, I heard the tinkle of something metal hitting the ground just behind me. I turned to see that my wedding ring had completely slipped off my finger, and was rolling down the isle! I just stared at it in disbelief. It really wasn't that long ago that I was contemplating having it cut from my fat sausage fingers becuase I couldn't get it off.

Now it's just slipping off my finger without warning! A slightly strange NSV, but I'll take it!

I'm so grateful that I heard it hit the ground or I may have lost it forever! It fits comfortably on my middle finger now - no slippage. Time for a new wedding band! The one I have is celtic knots all around, so unfortunately I can't have it resized. I really LOVE it too - hope I can find a good replacement!

I promised my husband that there is no "secret message" implied about me wearing my wedding ring on my "middle" finger. LOL

Replies

• K8ty_7
    K8ty_7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    haha, well good thing u heard it drop, but fantastic news, its funny how things like that can give us added motivation to carry on, keep up the good work ^_^
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    OMG....Thank god you heard it!!! It's sad that the ring can't be re-sized, but it will be fun shopping for a new ring!!! Yay
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    My friend keeps her ring around her necklace, she also tried using a string to help keep it on
  • ninjapixie87
    ninjapixie87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV!

You can also get a something (I think they call it a "sizer") from the jewelry store that clips on the inside of the band to make the hole smaller. They should give it to you for free. It's not a permanent fix, but it works.
  • hosnowjo
    hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I look forward to the day my wedding ring can move around on my finger. My fingers are still big fat sausages but working hard to turn them into slender ones
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!