Wine??

Options
13»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up wine just to be thin. Luckily, with exercise I don't have to. I try to limit it to a couple of glasses during the week, but on the weekends I usually drink a lot more.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Exercise more, practice moderation, and enjoy the wine!
  • stephevers1227
    stephevers1227 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    So here are my thoughts, for what they are worth. I adore wine...was at the point of drinking 2-3 glasses a night, using my exercise calories. I enjoy the taste, very relaxing, over the course of several hours not hammered just relaxed and sleepy when time for bed. I got to a point in my weight loss where I'd been on a plateau for several weeks. My husband started a biggest loser competition and is cutting out beer. So, in support, said I would stop drinking wine. So if I were an alcoholic, as some of you have said...this would be a problem. Been drinking 2-4 glasses of wine every day since.....well, at least summer. I've had no problems and my weight has started dropping significantly. So I"m not going to say wine is evil, or that I'll never go back to drinking it, but for right now...it's aiding my weight loss by dropping it because of the extra calories and the strain on my kidney and liver function. When I'm at goal and learning moderation of everything, I will reintroduce but it will not be an every day occurrence like it has been.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Exercise more.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Sign of alcoholism? If you're having a bottle of wine for BREAKFAST, that's a sign of alcoholism. Otherwise, salute!

Hahaha. Love it!

I am a fellow wine drinker too. As long as you can swing the calories, don't sweat it.
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    so...I'm supposed to stop at one bottle?

bahahahaha! too funny!!