P90X Question..

Options
As I'm currently trying to lose weight, I'm wanting to focus more on cardio mixed with yoga. Although I know its designed to be a full workout using all sections, I wondered if anyone had used it just for certain sections and whether you'd recommend it?
I was wanting to just do cardio and yoga?

Replies

• twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Insanity is all cardio... turbo fire is all cardio and stretching.. and a yoga class!

p90x is mostly about resistance workouts, the cardio is not very strong ...
  • Lady_Chilli
    Lady_Chilli Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan!! Thanks doll!
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    NP! & turbo fire is FUN!
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My suggestion.... add the strength training even if your focus is weight loss, you will not regret it... think about losing inches, firming/toning up

I have completed P90X and have had great results following it the way it was designed and I lost weight! Good luck on your journey!
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    strengthen training (especially with heavy weights) is a very important part of overall fitness, fat loss, tightening etc. It helps you lose fat faster, improve your resting metabolism, raise you overall calorie burn through the day . You cut it out - you lose a major key in the overall health picture.

Working with heavy weights, or heavy resistance bands 2-3 days a week gives you:

-Higher calorie burn through 24 hours period
    -Better overall fat lose
    -Better Belly Fat Lose
    -More definition
    -Injury prevention
    -Confidence Boost
    -Oteoperosis Prevention
    -Faster Strength Gains

Details of each below, its a fast read

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/8-reasons-why-you-should-lift-heavier-weights
    Edited by tangal88 on Thu 01/19/12 07:58 AM
  • nailed479
    Options
    If you are working with P90X, I would personally do the lean program. It's more cardio based.
  • AlissaAngelo
    AlissaAngelo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I agree with the last poster.... if you are wanting to focus more on cardio and losing weight, the lean rotation is great in P90X. I've used that several times. I'm currently doing P90X2 as well... Turbo Fire and Insanity are killer programs too... you really can't go wrong with any of them!
  • Marina614
    Marina614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Chalene Johnson and all her Turbo series workouts are awesome cardio fat blasters and whole body toners. It is important to tone muscle and lose fat before building. HYDRATE and eat clean! Best of luck and add me anyone!! :)