Any other slow eaters out there?

Options
I'm a slow eater with a small appetite. I can't eat a lot of food in one sitting. American restaurants give you such a large portion that it is too much food for me. Whenever I go out, everyone else is finished with their food when I have half left. I always get a doggie bag to go for my meal. They also want to get appetizers, drinks and dessert which I usually turn down. I tried to get dessert the other day but I could only eat half of a small piece of really delicious cake before I was full. I just wanted to know if I was the only person with this problem.

Replies

• CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow eater with a small appetite. I can't eat a lot of food in one sitting. American restaurants give you such a large portion that it is too much food for me. Whenever I go out, everyone else is finished with their food when I have half left. I always get a doggie bag to go for my meal. They also want to get appetizers, drinks and dessert which I usually turn down. I tried to get dessert the other day but I could only eat half of a small piece of really delicious cake before I was full. I just wanted to know if I was the only person with this problem.

You are not alone! I eat very slow.. but it is usually cause I'm running my mouth the whole time. It is better to eat slow - you feel full faster which helps prevent over eating!
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I don't eat slow, but I could not eat all that you mentioned. I would be so stuffed.
  • MeechoXD
    Options
    I am a very very slow eater. However, even with how slow I eat I can always seem to finish everything on my plate. This is not how it's supposed to work! There is nothing wrong with not finishing your food. I wish I could do that.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I can't relate. I inhale my food and I'm really trying to eat slower!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I am a very very slow eater. However, even with how slow I eat I can always seem to finish everything on my plate. This is not how it's supposed to work! There is nothing wrong with not finishing your food. I wish I could do that.

I am also this way. I eat extremely slow, but can almost always finish everything on my plate. My bf and his family are very fast eaters and they always think that I don't like it or that I'm not going to finish because they're done so much sooner than me, but I always do, they tease now calling me slow and steady lol