Hello everyone

PamKay
PamKay Posts: 19
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm new at this, I started charting here on myfitnesspal 10 days ago, when a friend recomended it to me. I'm so glad I found this place. In the short time that I have been here it's been a great help to me. I have lost 6 pounds so far.
Pam

Replies

• PamKay
    Hi, I'm new at this, I started charting here on myfitnesspal 10 days ago, when a friend recomended it to me. I'm so glad I found this place. In the short time that I have been here it's been a great help to me. I have lost 6 pounds so far.
    Pam
  • Hello! Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Welcome and congratulations with your weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • PamKay
    Thank you, fullofjoy 720 & ttoombs. I would like to lose about 30 more pounds. I've been on my tred mill 30 - 45 minutes every day for the past 10 days, and have kept my calorie in- take down. Last Tuesday I showed a 6 pound drop on my scale but it hasn't budged since then, I'm trying very hard to not get discouraged.
    Thanks again for the warm welcome.
    Pam
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Oh, don't get discouraged, Pam! The first week is usually a GREAT week on the scale, but the second week can make you want to quit. Don't let the scale win! Just keep logging your food & exercise & you'll have great success. Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already, I love it here. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone here is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • PamKay
    Thank you very much, 3babybeans & Lauramg. I sort of messed up last night and had a few glasses of wine and ate chocolate cake. YIKES! Oh well,,, back on the tred mill today, I am not going to let myself get discouraged. I'm feeling good and I'm thinking if one week can make me feel good I wonder how I will feel in a month.
    This is a wonderful website, and your support is greatly appreciated.
    Pam
  • hi to everyone,
    new here today.my sister is the one who told me about this.:blushing: i'm willing to give it a try.always looking for something or someone to help me.:happy:
  • SkyraBee
    SkyraBee Posts: 39 Member
    Hi. Welcome. Don't be discouraged. Try varying your workouts. That will push you through.
This discussion has been closed.