My doc tested me for Cushings syndrome...

Options
Does anyone know what that means? I tried looking it up but could only find that it means you have too much cortisol. I admit to feeling stressed, but I doubt that that has anything to do with why I can't control my eating. What are your thoughts? Oh, and the results take like 2 weeks to get. Can you believe that? :noway:

Replies

• MommyWilson
    Options
    Does anyone know what that means? I tried looking it up but could only find that it means you have too much cortisol. I admit to feeling stressed, but I doubt that that has anything to do with why I can't control my eating. What are your thoughts? Oh, and the results take like 2 weeks to get. Can you believe that? :noway:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i was tested for this, came back normal. just slow at losing weight. yes, it took a few weeks for mine too. it took over an hour for the test also, expensive. good luck.. DON'T stress over it until it comes back.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    go to a reputable site like mayo clinic, or cleveland clinic or webmd to get more info. cushing's disease is often a "side effect" with people on high dose oral steroids for asthma or other breathing disorders. are there other causes? i have no idea--but check out those sites and call your dr's office for a phone consult. say that you were surprised at the news and now have some more q's. write down your q's and have pen and paper avail for answers.
    and until the two weeks are over, you'll have to patient and endure the waiting period. hth
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    The physical manifestations of Cushing's are related to the excess cortisol. You'll see unusual/inexplicable weight gain in the abdomen and face. I agree with Stacey that you should talk to your doctor if you are confused--they need to clarify their information. :flowerforyou: