Vitamix

Options
Has anyone else found great success and fallen in love wither their Vitamix? And if so - what is your favorite recipe?

I ADORE THIS LITTLE APPLIANCE. Love, love, love, love it.

My very favorite recipe is a super-simple green smoothie. I did a little experiment this week, and found that my green smoothie held me for up to FIVE HOURS without being hungry!!!! I typically have my coffee, then my smoothie, and am good-to-go until lunchtime. Once in awhile, I need to add in a piece of string cheese - but then I'm good for up to six hours.

The machine was expensive, but worth it. CostCo shaved a good $70 off the retail price. I've found it's NOT a low-cal solution, but very very satisfying.

Here's my base recipe, tweaked based on what I have left in the 'frdige:
1 orange
4-5 bite size pieces of frozen pineapple
1.5 cups of spinach
1 carrot
1-1.5 cups of ice
1.2 banana
Enough water to blend, usually about 1/8 - 1/4 cup

Have I mentioned how much I love my Vitamix?!?!?!

I just made strawberry "ice cream" 'cause I was craving something sweet.
8 frozen strawberries
1/8 Cup milk
1/2 Cup ice
a splash of vanilla extract
1 Truvia packet
-- it made so much, I had to freeze half for later! Creamy, delicious - and guilt-hesitation FREE!

Replies

• bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have a Blendtec(pretty much the same thing)
    Spinach
    coconut milk(vanilla)
    banana
    white peaches

spinach
    coconut milk
    peanutbutter
    banana
    chocolate syrup

Soup
    zucchini
    chicken broth
    onion
    dash of nutmeg
    cream/milk of some sort(wouldn't sub coconut or nut milks)
  • NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Love my VitaMix too!!!

This morning was

2 huge handfuls spinach
    1/2 avocado
    2 tbsp chia seeds
    1 cup pineapple
    2 frozen banans
    1 pint raspberries

That one fed two adults and two small children

I've been experimenting with soya lecithin (organic of course). Adding one tbsp to frozen fruit and unsweetened coconut milk ( with a little honey if you l,e it really sweet), let it sit for ten minutes and you wild swer you are drinking a decadent milkshake.
    That peanut butter and banana one sounds delish too!
  • NGMama
    Options
    Wait, lost 250 pounds?!?!?'. You are my hero!! I feelso stuck and whiny about this weight loss journe today, you have totally inspired me!
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Wait, lost 250 pounds?!?!?'. You are my hero!! I feelso stuck and whiny about this weight loss journe today, you have totally inspired me!

Yes.... just made the 250 pound mark today. I'd been in a rut for months, and this last milestone was the hardest. My next goal is to lose 30 more pounds... and the Vitamix is helping!
  • NGMama
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Yes.... just made the 250 pound mark today. I'd been in a rut for months, and this last milestone was the hardest. My next goal is to lose 30 more pounds... and the Vitamix is helping!

That is awesome! Congratulations! You are truly inspirational!