Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack

Options
I started a Couch 2 5k program but wanted to suppliment my non-train days with a ab workout. I purchased Jillian Michael's 6 Week 6 Pack on the recomendation of a friend. Her exact words were "be prepared to hurt like a motha the next day" ;)
I am prepared and that is part of the reason I wanted to get this DVD. If I feel the pain I know I've been doing something that my body isn't used to and I know that is progress!
My question for all of you is: How do I track/figure out the calories burned while doing the DVD? I tried looking for it on this site and also on the internet & have found nothing. Surely there has to be a way to log it. Any suggestions or if you know of a similar category on here that I could track it as?

Replies

• flucas87
    Options
    That is a good question!! Ive tried looking for it too. If you find something please let me know. =)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Some people logs JM workout's as either circuit training (30DS), or as calisthenic vigorous, if they don't have a HRM. That is what I do.
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Some people logs JM workout's as either circuit training (30DS), or as calisthenic vigorous, if they don't have a HRM. That is what I do.

^This. I log all my JM workouts as Circuit Training. Although a HRM would be best if you can afford one (not that I can talk, I still haven't gotten round to buying one).
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    whats a HRm
  • Animaniac87
    Options
    whats a HRm

Heart rate monitor
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    whats a HRm

Heart rate monitor. Make sure you get a wTch with a chest strap. I got mine at academy sports!
  • Carrin817
    Carrin817 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    whats a HRm

Heart rate monitor. Make sure you get a wTch with a chest strap. I got mine at academy sports!

What's the cost on something like that?
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I switch between the 30 Day Shred and the 6 pack 6 weeks but I have no idea how many calories it burns. I've been guessing putting it under general aerobic but when I read this post I saw that someone puts it in as circuit training which is saying that I would burn more!
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I would also get a hrm. I haven't got one yet and I'm doing the 30 day shred and 6wk6pk sometimes, logging them both under circuit training.

Circuit training is a series of exercises in a row with barely any rest time, which is what we are doing in the video.
  • lifes_revenge
    lifes_revenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I started 6 wk 6 pack today and I think I will continue logging my 30DS as circuit training but because 6W6P feels like less cardio but more intense on strength I'm going to log it as calisthenics vigorous effort.