Don't text or call for a week after a first date, what about

Options
2»

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    text him now. say this: "hi, had a great time the other night, and would love to do it again." but only if you really are intrested to. if he doesn't get back to you within 12 hours, delete the number.

^^this
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Don't do this! If you're interested in someone show them. Don't play around with them because it gets very confusing and annoying.

^ This. I hate these stupid dating games.
  • Nikkiray32
    Options
    My successful relationships included give and take communication. I didn't have to wait for him to call and neither did he. We wanted to speak to each other and make plans to see one another. So, there was no making the other person wait or hesitation.
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I really don't get this whole thing. Maybe it's because I'm 23 now and the dating world has changed. In high school we'd watch a movie, make out when our parents weren't in the room, and BAM, I'd have a boyfriend.

Man have things changed.

So I had gone out on Thursday night with this guy. We had a great time. He tried to cuddle me while we watched a movie and although I liked him, I didn't reciprocate cause well, I was still in the "getting to know him stage" (a few years ago, I would have just jumped him). However I would really like to hang out and see him again.

I'm being told I need to wait at least a week, and infact, I should wait for him. If he doesn't offer, he's not interested. No texting. No calling.

Does that even work anymore? We're friends on Facebook. We comment on each others status's. So it's not like we're...not communicating? Is a few days too soon for me to message him on Facebook and go "Hey, I laughed my *kitten* off with you the other night, wanna split a six pack and chill?"

When did dating get so complicated.

The longer you wait- the more he'll want u. So like, if u wait for 6 months he's gonna be madly in love w u
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    text him now. say this: "hi, had a great time the other night, and would love to do it again." but only if you really are intrested to. if he doesn't get back to you within 12 hours, delete the number.

Yup....a text like this sounds about right.
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options
    thanks guys, i appreciate all the advice.

Ill go ahead and text him tomorrow and at least give it the weekend space. I know he's not doing anything as he made it clear to me he has a lot of free time right now between being on tour and getting another job.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
    Trent: A day.
    Mike: Tomorrow.
    Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
    Trent: Yeah.
    Mike: So two days?
    Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
    Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
    Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
    Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
    Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
    Mike: Yeah, but you know what, maybe I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
    Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
    Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we ****ed. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
    Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
    Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
    Trent, Sue: Six days.

swingers.jpg
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I really don't get this whole thing. Maybe it's because I'm 23 now and the dating world has changed. In high school we'd watch a movie, make out when our parents weren't in the room, and BAM, I'd have a boyfriend.

Man have things changed.

So I had gone out on Thursday night with this guy. We had a great time. He tried to cuddle me while we watched a movie and although I liked him, I didn't reciprocate cause well, I was still in the "getting to know him stage" (a few years ago, I would have just jumped him). However I would really like to hang out and see him again.

I'm being told I need to wait at least a week, and infact, I should wait for him. If he doesn't offer, he's not interested. No texting. No calling.

Does that even work anymore? We're friends on Facebook. We comment on each others status's. So it's not like we're...not communicating? Is a few days too soon for me to message him on Facebook and go "Hey, I laughed my *kitten* off with you the other night, wanna split a six pack and chill?"

When did dating get so complicated.
    No, you should reach out, and just let the cards fall where they may.
    And you were right not to take things too fast.

If this doesn't work out, then the sea is full of fresh fish.
    Have fun!
  • jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Options
    I wouldn't call someone if they wouldn't let me cuddle with them unless I was really into them. Just call or text the guy. If he doesn't respond within a few hours, move on.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
    Trent: A day.
    Mike: Tomorrow.
    Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
    Trent: Yeah.
    Mike: So two days?
    Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
    Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
    Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
    Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
    Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
    Mike: Yeah, but you know what, maybe I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
    Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
    Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we ****ed. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
    Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
    Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
    Trent, Sue: Six days.

swingers.jpg

BEST MOVIE EVER
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options

This exactly!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Text him, message him, whatever. He may be confused because of the cuddling thing and that's why he hasn't gotten in touch. If you wait for him to initiate you could miss out on a good opportunity.

My boyfriend and I "dated" for three months before we became an official couple. We each really liked the other person and wanted to get serious, but both of us thought the other didn't feel that way. So we kept casually dating until FINALLY we had a talk about it and realized we wanted the same thing. Now we look back and laugh at ourselves for being so dumb and taking so long to get things moving. I know that's not the exact same situation, but it's similar. Seriously, go for it, you will probably both appreciate it and it will save you a lot of trouble.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

The longer you wait- the more he'll want u. So like, if u wait for 6 months he's gonna be madly in love w u

:laugh:
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Should-I-Text-Him-Flowchart.jpg
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If you were really that into him, you would have called him already and wouldn't be posting this question...
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing. Guys get in touch if they're interested. It is fine to initiate, but I figure you want a man, not an indecisive boy.

My thoughts exactly. My only worry is I may have given him the idea that I wasn't interested because I didn't return the cuddling effort, instead called him out on being tired and ended the evening.

Oh man, I didn't even read the rest of the responses but if you worry about giving him the wrong idea, just call him now. If he got the wrong idea, he'll be happy to hear from you. If you wait, he may be waiting as well thinking YOU weren't interested.

Hell...if you like someone and want to see them again, take the big leap of faith and just call them. No limits to days and such (well just don't call three minutes after he drops you off at home) but follow your heart and just do it.

Worse that can happen is he says "THanks but I'm all set". Then you move on to the next. It's that simple :smile:
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I have no idea.... but i'm right there with you. i am seeing a guy who i really like.. it's been a LONG time since I've liked a fella.

anywho, these rules have me crazy. i'm the type that has no problem speaking my mind and if i want something, i go for it.. but dating is all new to me since i've been out of the game for so long.

i'm trying to take it slow and let him be the initiator but it gets hard when i really like him. so tonight.. i texted him to call me (haha). it was my passive aggressive method of getting him to initiate in some sort... he did and we had a great chat.

i say be a go getter but also let him do some of the work. (i should listen to my own advice!!) there has to be a balance so it's not just you but it's also not only him..