Weekend full of NSV's

Options
niknak0508
niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
Hi Everyone!!!

I haven't had a lot of recent NSV's until this weekend. My boyfriend and I were invited to a wedding that will take place next weekend. I've been putting off buying a dress to wear because I am so nervous about wearing them. I haven't worn a dress since I was about 12 or 13 years old and when my sister got married. So, I decided I better stop procrastinating and just DO IT! So we went to JcPenneys and I found a nice sweater dress (since it's going to be so cold), I tried on a medium and it was slightly too big... yes TOO BIG! So I tried on a SMALL... now for this type of dress, I think the sizes run big anyways, but to see a size SMALL....... I couldn't be more excited..........so I thought well, since I am here lets try on a few shirts for work....... again tried on a size small......and it FIT! This all happened on Friday night.

So yesterday, I worked out for a bit here at home, but had some issues w/ my acid reflux and it caused me to get sick.....so of course I was mad because it interrupted what should have been a good workout!! SO I was over on calories by just a little and was again upset. Today I decided I would go ahead and renew my gym membership after a lot of thought.......I went tonight and decided to try and do a 10 MINUTE MILE.........I am by no means a runner and never thought I would be able to do it.....but I did and w/out a single break........ YAY for that NSV. I couldn't be more thrilled right now........

So, for those of you reading and maybe feeling a little discouraged, please don't give up!! You CAN do this. I started this journey at 255 pounds........ I am now 151. Just think about the things that keep you moving everyday and how far you've come.

Nicole

Replies

• kirstand
    Options
    Wow! you are doing great! well done...i do have to ask what an NSV is though? im clearly not up with the times...:smile:
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! Def is inspiring. Keep up the good work!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • awagz
    awagz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job! Sounds like a terrific weekend!
  • jlr05m
    jlr05m Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!!!!! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! NSV (non scale victories) can actually be better then the number on the scale going down! It's a good thing because mine hasn't gone down yet! I have noticed it likes to go UP! LOL! Good luck to you and congrats!
  • kmfolkins
    Options
    Love stories like this! So happy for you
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! You should be really proud of yourself!
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Also very inspiring as I am at 258, where you started at, and to see you make progress lets me know that it IS possible. Congrats

Lol Im soo glad you asked that kirstand :P I am seeing NSV all over the place and have no clue what it means!
  • Jessaustx
    Jessaustx Posts: 130
    Options
    This is so awesome!! Congratulations - NSV's are some of the best victories :)
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Wow! you are doing great! well done...i do have to ask what an NSV is though? im clearly not up with the times...:smile:

NSV + Non-Scale Victory and this lady has had a stackload of them! Congratulations, it is so motivating to have these great NSVs even if the scales don't move for you.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Way to GO! So inspiring.
  • januarykim
    januarykim Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wonderful work! Sweater dresses aren't very forgiving--so congratulations on looking great in one!
  • niknak0508
    Options

lol, NSV is Non Scale Victory :-)
  • niknak0508
    Options
    Thank you for all the compliments :-) They all mean a lot to me. <3
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Way to go! hurray! LOL. I just can't say enough about how inspiring you are and how proud I am! I love the NSVs that come in the dressing room!
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    YAY!! I am so happy for you. You are an inspiration to all of us. Great news with your size small dress. Time to do the happy dance. :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!