any one pre plan their food journals?

Options
I am going to start this week pre planning my food journals. Does anyone else do that? Does it help more to do what your calories are before hand? Are you able to post them before hand so otherrs can see and give you their input?

Replies

• HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I do pre-plan my days...........It helps me out so much and I dont over eat :-)
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    I preplan mine all the time! Usually I can only do one day in advance though. I find it to be the only way I am truly successful! I think people can just flip through your menus. Good luck! Have fun!
  • tai_jeffries
    Options
    I haven't done that but I will try it out and see how it works for me. Great idea!
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    I have been doing this a lot. It kinda lets me know what I have to work with, and it also helps me not have those low blood sugar "What the heck am I going to eat?" moments. I did make my diary private, though... Because I didn't want people seeing it and thinking that I'd eaten all of my calories at 1am in the morning. LOL
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    i preplan each night for the next day or two in a row since i take breakfast and lunch with me to work and i do a lot of crockpot cooking for dinner or have to thaw stuff for dinner. I'm doing the spike diet and i have to plan a lot ahead so i can stay on track for my lower calorie days.
  • michbe
    michbe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What kinds of foods are you eating to lose and stay in the 1500. I find it hard to find diet foods that don't kill you in other ways.
    If i eat veggies all day I am bloated. You try to make the right choices but I am finding it hard to pick the right foods.
  • hillbillyannie
    hillbillyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I usually sit down and put in what I think I'm going to eat especially for dinner to see if it will fit into my calorie count and then make any changes needed. It seems to work better than eating and then trying to add it up. The important thing for me is to be honest. If it goes in my mouth it goes on the computer no matter how bad it is. I've managed to lose 70 pounds since last May 1st.
  • thenance007
    thenance007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Each evening I try to log my entire next day's eating plan. Then I package whatever I'm taking to work, i.e. tuna salad, baked beans, or whatever, in their little containers and put them in the fridge ready to go. That way, I know I have enough calories left for a larger evening meal and about 200 calories for my evening snack. If I don't plan ahead, I feel lost and spend much more time trying to figure out what I want to eat instead of what I should eat. I also plan breakfast to include complex carbs on mornings I'm going to work out, and low/no carb meals at least once a day.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I do! I almost always fill it out in the am while I drink my coffee. That way I always know I'm staying in my calorie range.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I usually go in first thing in the morning and plan my food journal for the day and my exercise. I think it helps me to know what I'm working with each day so I don't go over or way under. If things change thru the day I just go in and make adjustments.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I work nights so my food is backwards. I have to pre log or it would never balance. But even when I was not working nights I always pre planned. It kept me from impulsively grabbing food that might not be the best option. It also helps me find a good balance for what I intend to eat. :)

I do mine usually the night before or in the morning when I get home before crawling in bed.
  • angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yep! Usually just for the day, but I like knowing exactly what I have to work with.
  • Katetmay
    Katetmay Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I try to plan it out for a couple days, it helps me stay on track. I have planned Monday and Tuesday but I am in a session on both those days in which lunch is being provided so I have left myself just over 500cals in case there are not many healthy options.
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan all my days - otherwise, I'd either go over my calories or end up with way too many at the end of the day. I usually figure 250-300 for breakfast; 250 for lunch and the remainder for dinner and snacks. This just works best for me.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals the night before. This keeps me from trying to wing it and then finding out that 1/2 of a KFC pot pie is almost 800 cals. That only had to happen one time. I log all my food but not my exercise. If I want more or am over cals I know what exercise I need to do or that I need to cut something. It's also much easier to pack my food in the am if I don't have to think about it. I print it out and stick it on the fridge. Then in the am I just grab and start packing the cooler.
  • Kymmy81
    Kymmy81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I think pre-logging helps a lot. It makes sure I reach my macro targets, and provides certainty of what I am eating so I am not making rushed choices (and possibly bad choices!).
  • ErynnBaby
    Options
    It works for me especially if I am going to be eating out at a resturant with friends or family. Also, I love Sweet Tomatoes (an awesome salad bar place!) and before I walk in I log exactly what I'm going to eat so that when I'm in there I'm not tempted to go hog wild and eat everything in site!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Yes, I pre-plan my meals. I make changes as needed if I decide not to eat a certain item or if I decide to eat an item that is not already included for the day. Pre-planning gives me an idea of what I should eat so I won't overeat.
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I plan for Monday-Thursday (and lunch on Friday). I put it in to make sure all of my foods fit within my limits and then I go shopping on Sunday for just what I need. Friday night is my cheat meal, so I usually end up getting something out or buying whatever sounds good. I get that the day of because even if it's something store bought, I don't want it sitting in the house tempting me! Weekends tend to be a little more up in the air so I don't plan saturday or sunday until the day of.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I do! Sometimes even plan my whole week. haha Helps a lot though!