Deadlines for weight loss - What is yours?

Options
Evidently, setting attainable deadlines is very helpful in meeting weight loss goals. My personal deadline is to lose 4 pounds by Valentine's Day. I would like to get down to 148 by that time.

What is your current, attainable goal?

Replies

• m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I want to hit 135 by V-day. Currently at 142 and starting 30 day shred next week :)
  • sunshinestate
    sunshinestate Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have that video too! It's intense. I know my goal is kind of lame, but I really want to keep it attainable. I saw the coolest thing on Pinterest today - motivation marbles. You have one jar that says "Pounds to Lose" and another that says "Pounds Lost". Then you put however many marbles into the Pounds to Lose jar and move them as you make progress. I'm totally trying it!
  • m0dizzle
    Options
    Good idea! I don't even know where to buy marbles these days.

Do the 30DS with me!
  • sunshinestate
    Options
    When do you start? I might be able to pull that off!
  • sunshinestate
    Options
    I have no marbles either, so I think I will use pennies.
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    That's an awesome idea!
  • DaKreenPanana
    Options
    I really like that marble idea for motivation! I'm gonna have to hit up WalMart tonight. Thanks for the idea! :)

I want to lose at least 5 lbs by Valentines. I have a huuuge weight loss goal overall , but I thought this mini deadline would be good so I can look a little sexier for my bf on Vday. HAHA! Good luck on your goal ladies!

xoxo
  • andreacord
    Options
    No date in specific but I'd like to have reached my goal or close to it by the end of 2012. I lost 24 lbs in 2011 in six months so 30 in 12 is certainly attainable.
  • m0dizzle
    Options
    When do you start? I might be able to pull that off!
    I'm starting next monday- gotta wait for my weights and yoga mat to come in plus moving back to my apartment craziness.
    I'm going to try for 5 days a week. You down?
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm performing a wedding next fall in New Orleans for a young lady that is like the daughter my wife and I never had. My goal is to be at my ideal weight by then.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I don't have a ending deadline. By Valentine's Day, I would like to be down to 130, which will be halfway to my goal. But if I don't make it, that's okay too....I'm still making progress each day, no matter whether the scale shows it or not! :)
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you use money for thte jars then when you reach the goal, you can get yourself something...just a thought!
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am so totally doing the marble idea! Heading to the dollar store tomorrow for cute jars and pretty jewels to use.
    After being in limbo for a few months I feel like I now am on fire, the finish line is in sight and I want to be at my goal weight by the end of March which is about 11 weeks and I need to lose 15 pounds to reach my goal. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • Kate_Blasphemy
    Options
    I'd like to lose 10 kilos by the end of July, because I am going on holidays then, and a further 5 to 10 by next christmas. I reckon that's attainable!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting to 125lbs by June 1st. I'm turning 21 in July and wanna look HOT HOT HOT!
  • ohnogogo
    ohnogogo Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I try to take it month by month. I have found that if I set myself small goals over a series of time I can accomplish great things! So right now the current goal is to lose another 1.5lbs by the end of January. That would put me at 50lbs lost. I would like to see myself lose the remaining 50lb I want off by my birthday in September. At this point it looks do-able if I continue to make my small goals and stick to them.
  • m0dizzle
    Options
    I am so totally doing the marble idea! Heading to the dollar store tomorrow for cute jars and pretty jewels to use.
    After being in limbo for a few months I feel like I now am on fire, the finish line is in sight and I want to be at my goal weight by the end of March which is about 11 weeks and I need to lose 15 pounds to reach my goal. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    WOO HOO go you!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I can see that for some there might be a benefit to setting a date goal but I never did. I'm currently at my maintenance weight but when I started this last March I didn't set a date goal at all. At the time, I made the decision to make a lifestyle change so I could be more fit and get back into my too small work clothes and size 4 jeans. For me, there won't be an "end" to how I'm currently living my life so I didn't see the need to set a date. I'm eating better, counting calories and maintaining an exercise regimen and I plan to do these things for the foreseeable future.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    I have a hard time hitting "deadlines". Personally, if I get close to the end and realize I'm nowhere close to where I want to be, I go on self-sabatoge mode.

What works for me personally is to hit mini non-weight goals...Like making all my workouts for a week, or not drinking soda, or not going over my calories!

But good luck to you ladies!!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I would like to reach my goal by my bday, but with way things are going, I may meet it earlier. Once I have reach my goal I plan on reevaluating. If new goal is set would like to make it by the end of the year.