It IS possible to copy foods from friends diaries

Options
A big issue Hubby and I have with MFP is if I build a recipie, I cannot "share" it with him very easily. As I do the cooking and he wants to log accurately and is sometimes short on patience at the end of the day :) this is problematic. Especially because I constantly change and update recipies.

Last night's conversation was as follows:
Me: My phone is there, you can copy the info for the Crustless Quiche
Hubby: I already have that as a recipie from the last time you made it
Me: Oh, I changed it, used spinach, kale and different cheese, the cals and macros are totally different
Hubby: Bah! *sigh* Read me what you did this time and I'll change my recipie

THEN, I realised on the phone app (not online) you can copy meals from friends diaries if their diaries are open. Just go to view their diary, click the wrench by the meal name, and you can copy it to your diary. MUCH easier!

It only works on the phone app though. I checked and there doesn't seem to be that option when you view a diary online. I've seen others ask this in the tech help/suggestions forum topic so I hope it helps :) It made logging tonight much faster and easier.

Replies

• myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This is neat! I'm surprised at the differences between the full website and my iPad app. For example, I love seeing my macros right away in a nice colored at-a-glance pie chart (on the app).