Question...

Options
Nessc
Nessc Posts: 137 Member
I'm not very good right now at knowing what is considered to be cardio and what is considered to be strength training. I have stairs in my house and I will walk up and down 5 times each rep. Is this considered to be cardio, it does get my heart pumping, or would it be considered strength training, I am using the muscles in my legs, thighs, hips, and even can feel the muscles tightening in my stomach. Any help I would sure appreciate it!

Replies

• Nessc
    Nessc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm not very good right now at knowing what is considered to be cardio and what is considered to be strength training. I have stairs in my house and I will walk up and down 5 times each rep. Is this considered to be cardio, it does get my heart pumping, or would it be considered strength training, I am using the muscles in my legs, thighs, hips, and even can feel the muscles tightening in my stomach. Any help I would sure appreciate it!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I would say it's cardio. I usually only count actually weights/squats/lunges/abs as weight training.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    if it gets your heart going it's cardio. But cardio does still work your muscle!
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    I would also say cardio. There are a lot of activities that you can find in the exercise database that will give you an estimate on calories burned. You can also count strength training as a cardio.
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options
    Cardio is what you do when you can do a lot of something with repetition and strength is where it's less reps more weight. So if you do 3 pound weights and 30 of it vs 7 pound weights and only 10 that's strength strength challenges your muscles like push ups or pull ups things like that.