Attention all Polar F11 users...

Options
jtintx
jtintx Posts: 445 Member
I have a few questions for you. I've been reading tons of posts but the info is all so mixed up. I just want to get some concise feedback.

So F11 users (NO OTHER TYPES PLEASE), would you please answer the following questions:

1. Does the transmitter pick up your heart beat right away or do you have to wet the strap first? (I've read there are problems with this)

2. Does it cut out on you in the middle of a workout?

3. Is the HR accurate?

4. Is the Calorie counter accurate?

5. Does it register your HR if you aren't working out, ie. below 100 bpm?

6. Have you had problems with the batteries?

7. If you've dealt with customer service where they responsive?

8. Do you feel it is too big and clunky for a women's wrist (women's version)?

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Replies

• jtintx
    Options
    I have a few questions for you. I've been reading tons of posts but the info is all so mixed up. I just want to get some concise feedback.

So F11 users (NO OTHER TYPES PLEASE), would you please answer the following questions:

1. Does the transmitter pick up your heart beat right away or do you have to wet the strap first? (I've read there are problems with this)

3. Is the HR accurate?

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    1. Does the transmitter pick up your heart beat right away or do you have to wet the strap first? (I've read there are problems with this) You've got to wet the strap. . .it's right in the instructions. I have worn mine for a lengthy time (around eight hours as a test) and the monitor stayed moist enough to work. I've heard there's a cream (buh-buhmp cream. . .I think) that you can use that helps the strap stay moist for longer.

2. Does it cut out on you in the middle of a workout? Only if it loses contact with my skin (I have to keep the strap very tight. . .other than that no problem)

3. Is the HR accurate? Near as I can tell. I've tested it a few times with the old "take my pulse and compare" and it seems to be dead on.

I'm not sure how you'd check this. . .IMHO, if the heart rate's correct. . .this should be as well.

5. Does it register your HR if you aren't working out, ie. below 100 bpm? starts to measure as soon as you put it on, in fact it has to rate your resting heart rate to do your "test" (which is how number 4 is most likely very accurate.)

6. Have you had problems with the batteries? nope. I've had mine for about a year. The only "issue" is that when the strap monitor battery needs to be replaced, the company has to do it. (this is according to what I've found because you can wear it underwater)

7. If you've dealt with customer service where they responsive? Haven't dealt with them.

8. Do you feel it is too big and clunky for a women's wrist (women's version)? It is large, and looks clunky for everyday wear, but I have a pretty delicate (6 inch. . .it's the only thing dainty on my whole body) wrist and it is comfortable for my workouts and the rare wear around my daily routine just out of curiousity.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. You're welcome.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Are you considering purchasing one, or having problems with yours?
  • jtintx
    Options
    Are you considering purchasing one, or having problems with yours?
    I'm considering purchasing one...but have read some bad reviews so wanted to see what real users say...don't always trust Amazon's reviews....always suspicious that other manufactures might be posting.:glasses:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I have had zero problems with mine. The only thing I even semi-regret about the purchase is that there are features I don't use on it (haven't even had the time to learn how) so I probably could have gotten away with the cheaper F6.

I have heard that there are defective ones floating around. . .but I think this would be true with any product.

I really, really love mine. Songbyrdsweet has one as well, you might want to PM her if she doesn't show up at the thread for a second opinion.
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options

3. Is the HR accurate?

I LOVE my F11. It's orange - my favorite color! Oh, to answer your questions....

1. You do have to get the sensors wet, but it only requires a little smudge with wet hands and sweat from my workout keeps it wet. Once the sensors are wet, it picks up my heart rate within 10 seconds...
    2. Mine has never cut out during a workout - except when the chest strap loosened on me and fell down to my waist (where it wasn't against my skin)
    3. I haven't questioned the accuracy except during one particular workout... but I'd had several unpleasant adrenaline rushes that day that may have caused my HR to go a little crazy... Having used it at least 30 times and only questioning it's accuracy once... I'd say it's a pretty good track record.
    4. I hope the calorie counter is accurate... otherwise I wouldn't have paid for it... I don't know the precise formula for how many calories per minute at what HR, so ... I can't say. But I am losing weight and I treat it as if it is accurate.
    5. Yes, it registers your HR at any level... even while laying in bed. It's not comfortable to wear the chest strap for several hours while not working out... but it can be done. I wore it for a nap once... to see how many cals I would burn while asleep. In a two hour nap, it told me I burned about 120 cals... 60 cals per hour. Sounds pretty close to accurate.
    6. I've only had mine since January. When it arrives, it is basically deactivated so it isn't sitting in a package sucking up battery life. If it lasts a year, it will be worth it to me. But I don't know yet.
    7. Haven't dealt with that.
    8. Well, mine is big... but I have large wrists for a woman. Mine is NOT a petite model - they do offer petite watches for women. I don't think the petite would fit me very well. By nature, it has to be larger than a regular watch if you want all the details to display large enough that you can distinguish them while jogging down the road... You can always take it off when you're not working out... but I just wear mine as a watch 24/7.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    i love mine. so easy to use now that i have been for a month. the only time it didn't pick up right was when it was too loose. i only wet it initially, then my sweat keeps it going. it's fabulous. worth every cent.:drinker: i guess i liked out with size cause it's a women's nice blue. looks like a watch.:glasses: