How long did it take you to lose 10 pounds?

Options
Just wondering, how long does it usually take for you to lose 10 pounds? Weeks? Months? What's normal/healthy?

Replies

• MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I dropped 10 in about the first week and a half. Of course, I started at 310. Judging by your pic, it will take a couple of months, or at least in my opinion, you should take a couple of months at least to lose 10 pounds. Easy does it.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    It really depends on where you are at in the WL journey. It took four months last year at one point to lose 10 lbs (4/11-8/11). Also, one month i lost 10 lbs (oct 2011). It is so subjective.

Also the rate of a 10lb month is TOO high for what my body can handle.

2012 goal is to lose a lb a week :) so ten weeks and trying hard.
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    For me prob. about a month plus...I think it all depends on how much you have to loose as a whole. I lost much faster when I first started my journey, but now these last 12lbs. don't want to go anywhere:wink:
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have been at this 7 weeks so far and lost 6lbs. Everyone is different and it depends on the amount of exercise you do and the amount of weight you have to lose. I do about 30 minutes a day of exercise so if you are better than that (which isn't hard to be lol) you could probably do it in 5 or 6 weeks.
  • amymaria91
    Options
    It can take me a month or two to lose 10 pounds. I lose it much slower now than I did at the beginning. But for me it doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as I keep losing over time then I'm not bothered. I don't set myself time goals, I'm just in this for the long haul
  • Prek2005
    Options
    I dropped 10 pounds in a month. I am losing my weight all natural with no magic pills or weightloss gimmicks! Just hard work and motivation.
  • Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Twenty-two days. I've been doing this since the first, and I'm down 10lbs from when I started. However, I dropped 5 overnight (water weight) right in the beginning. I also started at 220, and I'm only 5'1", so I have quite a bit to lose.
  • Hotmess2012
    Options
    I started at 190.2 on Jan 2nd and as of my weigh in today I am down to 180.7.... so it took me almost 3 weeks. I'm usually on point with my calorie intake but I'm sure I could exercise more!!! Hope this helps.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds in 1 1/2 months, then have only lost 8 since last year, but I'm pretty much at my goal weight. It depends where you start.
  • lynniesue42
    Options
    For me 9.2lbs in 11 days...hopefully 10lbs in the next 2 days...but it varies from person to person...don't get discouraged if yours isn't as quick! Just do it the healthy way! =):happy:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I dropped 10 in about the first week and a half. Of course, I started at 310. Judging by your pic, it will take a couple of months, or at least in my opinion, you should take a couple of months at least to lose 10 pounds. Easy does it.

plus you're a guy. we guys lose weight fast in the beginning, faster then the women. yeah, i think i dropped about 8 pounds the first week myself.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    For me 9.2lbs in 11 days...hopefully 10lbs in the next 2 days...but it varies from person to person...don't get discouraged if yours isn't as quick! Just do it the healthy way! =):happy:

WOW I have only lost 6 pounds in 3 months. Very frustrating...........CONGRATS
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Took me 8 weeks.
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    5-6 weeks
  • hungryPHATbunny
    hungryPHATbunny Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    About 6 weeks or so...good luck
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    I just got to the 10 pound loss mark and it took about 8 weeks.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    About 30it seconds...theres a little dial thing at the bottom! I lost like 50a within 1 minute. Hehe
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I weighes 205 when I started and It took me a month and 2 weeks to lose my first 10 pounds. I lost about 2 pounds a week on average. Once I dropped my first 10 I plateaued for a week and it took me from mid December until now to lose another 10lbs. So about a month and a half each time. I started at 1200 calories and ate back exercise calories, and now I upped it to 1600 calories a day and I eat back most of my exercise calories. I am also working out more now then I was back then so I really need the extra calories now!
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    3 months. A nice steady rate that my doctor approved of.
  • k_braddock
    k_braddock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I joined around the 7th and I've lost 9 lbs. It all depends on the person. I'm working out an hour a day six days a week and eating back the calories I burn. I don't expect the weight to drop like it did at first but I'm sticking with it :smile: