March Madness Calories Burned?

Options
kristinlough
kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
So of COURSE this is tongue-in-cheek, but does anyone think we actually burn any calories jumping up and down, scanning from big screen to big screen and bouncing from that nervousness watching sports? Don't you wish we could? :wink:

Happy March Madness (and weekend!) all!! :drinker: :happy: :drinker:

Replies

• kristinlough
    Options
    So of COURSE this is tongue-in-cheek, but does anyone think we actually burn any calories jumping up and down, scanning from big screen to big screen and bouncing from that nervousness watching sports? Don't you wish we could? :wink:

Happy March Madness (and weekend!) all!! :drinker: :happy: :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor for the win!!
  • utexashorns
    Options
    Well it works something like this: you take the final score and add it together and this is how many calories you burned. Also if your team loses you get a bonus 50 calorie defecit!

This is all based on the latest research and scientifically sound. With this being said, I am predicting that I will be getting a 50 calorie bonus when Duke beats us in the next round!
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor for the win!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

heart rate monitor for the win.... BWAAAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA... you make me laugh... :happy: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • kristinlough
    Options
    I love it!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    In my household, many calories are burned due to running around the house from tv to tv and laptop to desktop to the kitchen table to look at the Bracketology Shrine and then yelling when your team is stinkin' it up and jumping for joy when your other team is winning.

I also get to burn lots more calories running back to Costco to stock up on snacks for the voracious pack of teenage boys that invades my house and eats anything and everything that is edible within it.

I LOVE MARCH MADNESS! :heart: