I feel soooo guilty...

Options
I workout all week long Monday through Friday, But most of the time all seven days...
But now I would like to take Saturdays and Sundays and just "Veg" out...
I'am disabled and 7 days is to much, But I feel so guilty ... I mean really guilty !
Can someone tell me how to get rid of my guilt so I can just "Veg" without beating myself up?

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Healthy living is built first in the kitchen and second at rest!
    Everything else isnt as important.

The moral of the story is if you work out and continue to tear and damage muscle to burn calories and lose fat, when will you allow your damaged muscle to repair and recoup to become stronger?

I recommend 2 days off during the week.

Work out for 3 days then rest on the 4th.
    Rinse and repeat!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Your body needs a chance to relax, repair and recover from working out. Taking a couple days off every week isn't going to hinder your weight loss - it will more than likely help it since you're giving your body a break.

Don't feel guilty - there's NO reason to feel that way.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You need to take care of your body, and taking the time to rest is a HUGE part of that. You want to be able to continue to work out, and if you push your body more than it's able to handle, you'll be out of commission for God knows how long.

I know aaaallll about the guilt associated with not working out as much as you'd like. I work out 6 days a week, and I feel so lazy on my day off, but I know how I burn out when I go longer than 10 straight days.

You're doing well; keep that going!