P90X then to Insanity

I am on my Week 8 of P90X and I have a month left after this week until I start Insanity. I also have started sticking to the Elite nutrition plan of Insanity 2 weeks ago, so I can get used to it when I start Insanity. I am the kind of person who likes to prepare myself of expect the worst, so that if it turns out easier than expected, I get so motivated that I race to finish line.

My questions are:
1)if P90X is intense, how much more intense if Insanity?
2) I noticed, there isn't any weights on Insanity and generally a circuit training, how can you build your muscles without weightlifting?
3) Is Insanity purely for cardio and losing weight?
4) I'd be doing this with my bestfriend and he is trying to gain weight and build muscle, while I want to lose and also build leaner muscles which is more ideal workout?

I appreciate anyone who had done any of these workout to share their ideas or insights because I have to make sure I won't fail or quit when I start Insanity nor finish one round of P90X when I should have continued round 2 before doing Insanity.

Thank you!

Replies

• Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    I have done both, and Insanity was definitely a metabolism and endurance booster. Personally, I did not finish the second month, as I felt it was too much cardio ! Strength training using body weight only goes so far, and I missed my weight work. I did Insanity first, and lost quite a bit of weight, but I wish that I had done some weight training, too.