Upping cals - am I on the right or wrong track?

Options
Hi all

I had my goal section set to lose 1kg (2 pounds) per week which gave me 1210 calories as a base rate without my exercise cals(usually on average 500/600 per day x 6/7 days). I usually eat all of my exercise cals as well - although to get there it has sometimes been crap - ie dessert (homemade though so I know whats in it).
Anyways, for the last 3 weeks I have only lost an average of .5kg (1 pound), so I thought I would change the goal section to reflect this - that now gives me 1700 without exercise cals. Am I right to up my calories seeing I am only losing the 1/2 kg (1lb) anyways or will that just make the loss reduce to 1/4 of a kg?

Cheers
Rob

Replies

• Noof91
    Noof91 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    not sure about the cals thing
    but i see that you are doing great so just keep what you are doing
    also did you try taking a free day or even too where u eat more than your usual calories so your body doesn't get used to the amount u eat n stop burning calories as usual
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Your body is different to everybody elses and only experimentation will allow you to figure it out. So I say go for it! I wasn't losing as much at 1200 to I upped to 1500 and the weight is coming off better now.
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    thanks girls - I guess I can just see how it goes - it is disturbing to me to have to eat what I class as crap to get anywhere near those kind of calorie levels. Like after dinner tonight I had 1149 left so had pancakes and icecream and I still have 400 or so to go.
    I'm not fussed about losing slowly (like how the last week was only .3kg - but it disturbs me if I am meant to lose more and am not that then there will be 'nowhere' to go if you know what I mean) - and why not eat more calories if I am only going to lose half of what I am meant to. Hope that makes sense - I am starting to confuse myself LOL