Need to kick things up a notch...

Options
I am in a rut.....I haven't lost anything in a week and a half or so (usually I am losing 2-3lbs/week) and I feel I need to do something more with my workouts. I am currently doing anywhere from 30-60min of cardio/day and some strength training.

My hubby just brought home the P90X. I haven't tried it or seen it yet, but looking for some advice with it....Is the enough to kick things up a bit? How long do I do it for in total, how long per day, etc. Any feedback would be great. I am sure this topic has come up quite a bit but just thought I would throw it out there again.

Or are there any other workout DVD or suggestions you might have?

:smile:

Replies

• Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options
    I am in a rut.....I haven't lost anything in a week and a half or so (usually I am losing 2-3lbs/week) and I feel I need to do something more with my workouts. I am currently doing anywhere from 30-60min of cardio/day and some strength training.

My hubby just brought home the P90X. I haven't tried it or seen it yet, but looking for some advice with it....Is the enough to kick things up a bit? How long do I do it for in total, how long per day, etc. Any feedback would be great. I am sure this topic has come up quite a bit but just thought I would throw it out there again.

Or are there any other workout DVD or suggestions you might have?

:smile:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    we have some p90x'ers on our thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/43632-bring-it-part-iii-team-no-excuses-in-march:drinker: I do Jillian Michaels workouts and the BL workouts
  • Jklongley_99
    Options
    I would highly recommend the P90X. I have been doing it for 4 weeks and it is definetly working. It is very intense but it is worth it!! Let me know what you think it you decide to try. Good Luck!!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my P90X!!! I decided to go for it after lurking on several P90X threads for several weeks. I am finishing my first week and love it!!!!!:bigsmile: It is very intense and not for exercise neophytes. If you're new to the whole restistance/strenghth training thing, you could try P90. I'm trying desperately to pull my dh into the routine. You should absolutely go for it with him!!!!:drinker: Most routines are about an hour to an hour 15 a day. As the program is called- it's a 90 day commitment. The results and enthusiasm for this program that you'll find in the treads speak for themselves.

Good Luck! If you decide to tackle P90X, come find me- I post on 2 threads- P90X Starting a New Thread, part 2 and Time to Tackle P90X.:smile: