Allergic to Fat!

Options
Hi there! I am a 38yo mother of 2 teens and from the Midwest. I have several Chronic, debilitating illnesses that have helped in packing on the pounds over the past 20 or so years. Recently was told I have Fatty Liver and it was very important I lose weight. I have decided to take back my life and my waistline, one day at a time. I may be limited in exercise ability, but I can eat healthier and feel healthier. I started this journey on Dec 21,2011. So far I have lost 10lbs just by changing how I eat. I am in this for the long haul as my goal is to be down at least 4 sizes by August when hubby and I celebrate our 20th Anniversary.

In the past when I developed food allergies, I simply had to quit eating those foods. I am looking at my weightloss as the same thing, I AM ALLERGIC TO FAT! My main focus is eating healthier, fresher, low-fat foods with weight loss as the reward. My goal is not set in stone as I am thrilled with every pound I can lose and celebrate each small victory.

If you can be positive and encouraging, without trying to tell me to see a Holistic dr for an amazing cure-all remedy, please feel free to add me as a friend. Would love to swap strategies on eating low fat and still making great food!

Replies

• judgejava
    Options
    congratulations so far and good luck in the future.

But remember that fat is not always what makes you fat and losing weight and cutting out fat are not the same thing.

Of course cutting down on fat is a good thing but the body needs some and some fats help burn or metabolise body fat.

So just remember you can eat 0% fat and still put on weight, you can eat high fat foods and lose weight, you can lose weight and not body fat, and you can lose body fat and gain weight etc.

Find the right nutritional. caloric and exercise balance that suits you.

Cheers