30 Day Shred...Advice?

amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
So I've been doing my 30 day Shred for a little under 2 weeks now. My question is...

When to move to level two?? I can almost do the moves the more intense way... the way that one girl does them... all except I still do my push ups with my knees bent. Should I stay with level one where everything is easy except full on push ups and the lateral raises / side lunges still are tiring-until I can do the full push ups or go to level 2 and just keep trying to go to full push ups????

I tried to do the full push ups last night but could only do 1/4 - 1/2 of them.:blushing:

Replies

• amunet07
    So I've been doing my 30 day Shred for a little under 2 weeks now. My question is...

When to move to level two?? I can almost do the moves the more intense way... the way that one girl does them... all except I still do my push ups with my knees bent. Should I stay with level one where everything is easy except full on push ups and the lateral raises / side lunges still are tiring-until I can do the full push ups or go to level 2 and just keep trying to go to full push ups????

I tried to do the full push ups last night but could only do 1/4 - 1/2 of them.:blushing:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    This is the way I did it....I started out level one and when I got comfortable doing it I moved to level two, same with three. It was 10 on one,10 on two and 10 on three. However if you don't feel ready to move up stay on the level until you are comfortable with it. Good Luck!
  • I heard that you are suppose to do each level for 10 days and then move on to the next....that way you are on level three by the end of the 30 days:happy:
  • amunet07
    I heard that you are suppose to do each level for 10 days and then move on to the next....that way you are on level three by the end of the 30 days:happy:

Well... that makes sense! lol 10 X3 =30. I guess I missed that instruction ??:huh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    I heard that you are suppose to do each level for 10 days and then move on to the next....that way you are on level three by the end of the 30 days:happy:

Well... that makes sense! lol 10 X3 =30. I guess I missed that instruction ??:huh:

No where on the video does it say how long you are supposed to do each level. Jillian says move along at your own pace. If it happens to be after 10 days, good for you. If not take your time. It is a 30 day shred....nowhere does it say do all three levels in 30 days. If someone needs to do Level One for 30 days, that;s fine they did a 30 day shred. Same goes for the other levels.:smile:
  • amunet07
    Man! There is a big difference for me between level one and level two! I actually felt the abs in level two especially at the end doing the double crunchs. The plank exercises were difficult for me too since I havent made it to full on push ups yet. I burned 300 calories in 20 minutes! :drinker:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    lateral raises / side lunges still are tiring-

same here. I am at L1D7 and I think I'm ready to move on except for these and the pushups.

what worked o ut for you after all?
This discussion has been closed.