weekends are tough!

Options
Ok, back on track today! I have a harder time keeping track of calories on the weekend for some reason. I did weigh myself this weekend and lost another half pound. I have been tracking for almost 2 weeks and have lost 2 pounds. I was hoping for more but am only like 10 pounds from my ideal weight so guess slow and steady wins the race.

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for more but am only like 10 pounds from my ideal weight so guess slow and steady wins the race.

You need to stop 'hoping' because at that point, you lose focus on the 'now'. You need to learn to celebrate all weight losses AND when you are able to maintain. When the weeks come around and you remain the same, you need to celebrate that as well!!!! It is just as important!
  • FJHutch
    FJHutch Posts: 34
    Options
    I find weekends much harder too. In the week I don't struggle much at all with grazing or getting the cravings in the week but once everyone is here for the weekend it is a constant battle!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Weekends are my favorite! There aren't crowds of people in the gym and I have time for long work outs. I burn enough calories to have pizza and a dessert on Saturday and Sunday and still lose weight. Do you belong to a gym?
  • britneyblonde
    britneyblonde Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Im the opposite!! I stuggle to meet my calorie allowance at the weekends and its only 1200! Probably because i wake up later in the day then run around doing what i have to do. I find sitting at my desk during the week leaves me starving!!! I think i need a busier job :laugh:
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time on weekends because I am out of my routine. I nosh on a bowl of popcorn or tortilla chips and I don't keep track of how much I am eating so I don't bother logging most of the time. Monday = Back On Track!
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time on weekends too, even with drinking water. This weekend was particularly bad as I was stranded at home while my husband drove our one working vehicle to work each day. Which resulted in my making yummy cranberry almond muffins and generally eating my way thru anything carby/salty. Which is absolutely no excuse. So, back at it today (even though I am still stranded).
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time on weekends too. But, managing now to log in my meals.
  • Harvest02
    Options
    I was hoping for more but am only like 10 pounds from my ideal weight so guess slow and steady wins the race.

You need to stop 'hoping' because at that point, you lose focus on the 'now'. You need to learn to celebrate all weight losses AND when you are able to maintain. When the weeks come around and you remain the same, you need to celebrate that as well!!!! It is just as important!

You are right! I have lost the 2 pounds and they have stayed off, so I must be doing something right! It is very important to see the number go down and stay down! I am very thankful for that, for sure!