Subtle Changes

Options
beckipercy
beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
So, I've realised the past couple of days the changes I have made without even realising it.

Last night for example, I realised I'm no longer selfish with food. I used to be very possessive over my food. If I had something, it was mine and I didn't like to share it. I know that probably sounds really weird, especially because I'm not actually a selfish person, just with food. Last night, however, I offered my mini milks round to the whole family and, as I was doing it, I realised I was no longer selfish or possessive. I baked a couple of nights ago, ate two of my biscuits, then left the other 14 in the kitchen for everyone else to share. I also bought some maltesers last Tuesday. Instead of eating them all, I ate half the bag and left the other half in the fridge. They're still sat there 6 days later, not even one has gone. BUT, if they had, and someone else had eaten them, I wouldn't have minded. It feels great to finally feel like I have a "normal" attitude towards food.

On Friday night I went out for food and drinks (No, I didn't choose healthy choices, but it was bloody good fun :drinker: ) and so, on Saturday, in work, full of the alcohol of the night before, I found myself craving food so bad. Mainly a huge bag of doritos and dip (perfect hangover food!) so what did I do? Did I go to the shop and buy myself some junk food? Did I forget my cravings and deprive myself? No, I went on Skinny Taste and found a recipe for some yummy garlic and cheese biscuits and some blue cheese dip, came home and baked myself some yummy healthy treats instead :love:

Another little change, I noticed this morning. I reaaaally wanted to sit in my pyjamas and watch Jeremy Kyle, but knew I needed to do my shred. Normally, I would have made up any excuse under the sun to get out of the exercise and justify it to myself. "I'm tired" "I don't feel well" "I'll do it later" - and instead, I found myself thinking "For God's sake, if you just do it now, it will be over in twenty minutes!" Guess what, I did it, and it was over in twenty minutes :happy:

These might sound like the tiniest little things, but to me, they are things that I never ever expected to happen. I've never, in my life, been slim and I have never been a healthy eater, even if I have tried 51561185 times. I have exercised, and I've been a member of a gym for quite a while, but I don't think a couple of times a month, followed by a bag of doritos really counts :laugh:

Replies

• justaspringhaze
    Options
    it's all about the little victories! way to go!
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    OMG I think we are twins! What is it about doritos!?! I'd love the recipe for those healthy replacements :-)

Well done to you, it's the little changes that will make the most difference!!! Great job, you're on your way to changing your life for good!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing? Those aren't subtle changes. Those are mini milestones on the way to your goal. Be proud!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. Great job and keep up the great work! I hope to get where you are some day soon. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!