looking for help kicking my own butt

Options
Hey folks, just joined this last night and really looking forward to trying to get back on the wagon, as it were.
I've done weight watchers, even Jillianmichaels.com, but something always comes up...usually a Jewish holiday, that throws me off the wagon and i start gaining back the weight.

I don't think i'm that over weight, i'm 30 yo Male, 5'9" and 199 lbs. but i've always had this gut, to one extent or the other, most of my adult life and I would like to be rid of the damn thing. Me and my wife are going, please G-d, on a cruise in May and i would like to shed as much of this is possible.

I'm going to focus on my pounds lost but my bigger judge of success will be how i fit into the shirt I wore at our wedding.

so anyways...any motivation i can get to get me, and keep me, on the right path would be helpful

thanks!

Replies

• starkraving
    starkraving Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi

I started 3 weeks ago (214lbs) and I'm now 205lbs. My target is to lose 2lbs per week. Weigh yourself just once per week. If you do it more than this you will get dispirited and give up, because your weight can fluctuate day by day. Just seeing my weight come down has motivated me to keep going. I've now got more energy, and I started climbing the stairs at work twice a day (14 flights), and I also go out walking near my home for 30 mins at night. You may find this works for you.

As for the food - I just take the low calorie option. I'm not hungry, I just eat better. Wish I'd done this years ago.

Keep going !
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I downloaded this app over a month ago and have not used it until this morning. Now my work is having a biggest loser contest so I thought i'd give it a shot. I to like yourself can use some motivation. My wife and I are both not happy with the way we look. We joke about looking good before we got married then letting everything fall off the wagon so to speak.

I tried Weight Watchers and it worked to a certain point (20 lbs) then they switched the program and I gained it all back plus 10. So if we can motivate each other i'm all for it.

With that said step away from the ho ho and keep moving.