is your gym busy again because of January

Options
2»

Replies

• rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those newbies! But I started losing weight back in November so I'm viewing this as an extension of being on the wagon and not starting my... wagon ride? Anyway, my gym is really small and I was a little worried about going in tonight right at 5 but there was hardly anyone on the machines! I think most of the women at the gym take the group classes upstairs. Downstairs is all weights with a few bikes, and two each ellipticals and stairclimbers. And it was, you know, not super busy. I don't think they do "New Year's Resolutions" in France.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Nope. MY gym is empty except for me:) I love having equipment at home!
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My gym has been very busy. Couldn't even find parking for the first few weeks. Parking is getting better now. Hopefully, it dies down a little more next month as it is still hard to get passes into classes. In December, you could get a pass about 15 min before class. Now it is around 45 min before class passes run out.
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    I noticed a difference right up until today. Since January my 6am spin class has been at capacity by 540 each morning...Today however, it was back to just the regulars!

We had some extreme weather next week which I think disuaded people from heading out to the gym, and in my experience once you've skipped a couple of workouts, it's much harder to get back at it.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Its always nice to see new faces in the gym, and even better when you see there progress over the weeks/months, I dont mind waiting for a machine, but what gets me annoyed is in the changing rooms when its busy, people kit all over the benches and no room to get changed.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yup!! The classes I take have been much much fuller and today, the machines I like to use were all being used when normally they're not full.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I have not noticed the gym I go to being any more crowded this month than in the last few months of 2011.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    Absolutely...we joined out wellness center in November and took all of our assessments and equipment orientations in December. We were warned that January would see a big surge!

Mostly I swim laps there, and at odd hours (like 7:30 AM or 8PM) and I've even noticed the pool being busier.

I hope it stays that way, honestly...it means the business is making money and therefore won't have a chance of shutting down...I've grown quite attached.
  • byoml2013
    Options
    crazy busy. Hoping I'll not be one of the majority that stops going in February..
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have to say that I feel like people look at me as a "resolution" gymer. I was well on my way before the new year but I had taken a break for about two months (got married, went on honeymoon, got new job). That messed up my routine. I know people think I'll be gone in a few weeks but don't count on it!

That said, my gym got busier too and while I have to get their earlier to make sure I get a machine, I'm all for anyone making positive changes to their lifestyle. I hope every single one ends up staying.