Need help and encouragement!!!

Options
Ok MFP family..I am having a hard time sticking to a eating plan. I want to reach my goal but I can't seem to get a handle on my eating. I workout between 3-5 days but my eating is horrible. I just needed to put that out in the universe. Maybe something that is said will motivate me to see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I have about 40 pounds that I need to lose, so I have set my goal at 5 pounds a month but I can't seem to make that. Any suggestions, I know it has to come from within but I am hoping that someone can identify with what I am saying.

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Are you logging what you eat. I didn't for awhile and my eating was off the charts. started to log again and what a difference.
  • ddamore
    ddamore Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Candie you must be reading my mind today, I was just about to post the same thing. I have been yo-yoing for the past 6 months back and forth 5lbs and I want to lose about 15lbs! I have been working out 3 or 4 days a week for the past several weeks and my calorie burns have been up there. I find I keep making excuses on why I can eat the cupcake or the mini chocolate bar though. When I was younger I could cheat as long as I worked out and the weight still came off, now i'm 36 and i guess the game has changed.... I'm so discouraged myself. Hopefully someone has some good advice out there for both of us.

And i am logging my food.. the cake and all :( I started out with a positive attitude telling the universe i would lose 10 lbs by February and i'm at the same weight i was when I started. UGH!!!!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Fill your kitchen up with healthier snacks and get rid of all the junk. Also, drink a lot of water. Any time you are hungry drink water first and it helps relieve the hunger. I have cut my eating sweets by having sugar free hot chocolate available. Also, eat small meals and have a couple of snacks a day. Keep yourself busy. And like kbmnurse already said, keep logging! Hope this helps.
  • Zainy_Zoex
    Options
    Started using MFP on the weekend as it was hard to log all my food on Word, But on here it so simple, so log EVERYTHING even the things that shouldn't be on there :grumble: LOL.
    Its actually good to look at what you did eat and what you eat now, you realise you are in fact changing for the best,

Learn to control the food don't let it control you - Thats' my main fight, and for the 1st time yesterday I actually left food on my plate, I felt very proud that I could walk away from my meal feeling full and not craving the last bite on the plate :D xx

Good luck :D xx
  • ddamore
    ddamore Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Zainy the weekend logging is big and probably what i'm lacking. I never login during the weekend and that probably makes it easier for me to cheat. Plus by Friday I am 3 lbs down and then by Monday i've gained it back again. Weekend is my downfall, i'll get better!

Hot chocolate is a good idea, hot drinks is definately a good food deterent.

And for anyone who has read the secret (good book) i created a Vision Board for 2012 and put it on my blackberry. The first thing is I will start eatting healthier and the second is i will weigh 135lbs by March 27th! I also just put the fitness pal no my blackberry. So 2 things changed today let's see where it gets me :)
  • Zainy_Zoex
    Options
    Thanks guys! Zainy the weekend logging is big and probably what i'm lacking. I never login during the weekend and that probably makes it easier for me to cheat. Plus by Friday I am 3 lbs down and then by Monday i've gained it back again. Weekend is my downfall, i'll get better!

Hot chocolate is a good idea, hot drinks is definately a good food deterent.

And for anyone who has read the secret (good book) i created a Vision Board for 2012 and put it on my blackberry. The first thing is I will start eatting healthier and the second is i will weigh 135lbs by March 27th! I also just put the fitness pal no my blackberry. So 2 things changed today let's see where it gets me :)

The app is great! That' what I use when i'm out I can even scan barcodes if I pick up something quick from the shop, I think i'd be lost with out it. I can't really say what my hardest part is yet as I've only been using MFP a few day but the app is defiantly making it easier for me already. Hope you get into the rhythm soon :)

Good luck :flowerforyou: xx
  • candie33
    candie33 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I am guilty of not logging in everything because of the shame of my not being able to control myself. But today is a new day and I am going to face this head on and get busy with controling my eating. It it is encouraging to know that I am not alone and that we can help each other by being supportive. I know that no one can do this for me but just the suggestions alone helps me to think about what I am doing and hopefully that will prompt me to make better choices and get to my goal.